Priceline Hotel: 3* Jersey City 10/23/06 - 10/30/06

Londoner
By Londoner,
in

Firstly let me say what a great site this is.

I've booked a flight to New York in October and like the idea of staying in Jersey City and travelling into New York. Would like to get a 3* room (Doubletree or Hyatt would be nice) for up to $140 or less for a 2.5 or 2*.

Bidding history over the last few days is as follows (bids were in pounds so I've done a rough conversion to US$):

Saturday

Selected 3* Jersey City and bid $81 Rejected

Selected 2.5* Jersey City and bid $81 Rejected

Sunday

Selected 3* Jersey City and bid $90 Rejected

Selected 2.5* Jersey City and bid $90 Rejected

Selected 2* Jersey City and bid $72 Rejected

So today I plan to follow the same pattern but increase the amounts by $5-10

I can book the Double tree for the dates I want at $183 or the Candlewood Suites at $169

Am I going about this the right way?

Just tried some bids for Monday as follows:

Selected 3* Jersey City and bid $99 Rejected

Selected 2.5* Jersey City and bid $99 Rejected

Selected 2* Jersey City and bid $81 Rejected

Will follow this pattern over the next few days until I get to around $130 and then maybe leave it for a few days before starting again.

Continued trying for the rest of the week increasing amounts each day. As at Friday night I'd got to the following:

Selected 3* Jersey City and bid $135 Rejected

I can reserve the Doubletree for $183 per night which I could cancel upto 24 hours before I check in for an admin fee of around $20. So am planning to book that and then try every week in the hope that some cheap 3* rooms get released nearer the time.

I can reserve the Doubletree for $183 per night which I could cancel upto 24 hours before I check in for an admin fee of around $20. So am planning to book that and then try every week in the hope that some cheap 3* rooms get released nearer the time.

Sounds like a good plan.

Look at Hotwire for any price drop for the Hyatt too.

Member of MSE??

Some advice from someone who tried booking for a whole week at the 3* level in Jersey City . I tried doing this in May but had no luck. I wound up getting rooms at the Doubletree on PL for Saturday-Monday. Couldn't get back into the hotel via PL until Thursday again for a Saturday departure. You can see the results here. The only way we could have stayed from Mon-Wed was to pay full freight (listed at $259, compared to the $75 on PL). We wound up going elsewhere.

I found that the Doubletree was a really nice hotel and convenient to the PATH. However, I would wish more for the Hyatt Exchange Place if you are planning on coming home from Manhattan late at night and the weekend. The ride home from 33rd Street seems much longer when you have to go through to Hoboken before it backtracks back to the Newport/Pavonia station.

Proud to be Canadian!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]