Priceline Hotel: 4* MTW, 09/15/06-09/19/06

chez
By chez,
in

I am trying to get a hotel for a stay in September, hoping to get the Hilton on 6th Ave,which I have heard often comes up at good prices.

I have tried the following strategy -

mtw 110 - Rejected

mtw/ues 120 - Rejected

mtw/ues/uws 130 - Rejected

I am actually willing to pay up to $750 for the 4 nights (inclusive of all taxes etc), but would like to pay as little as possible (obviously!).

What should I do? Keep trying? (I have a couple of months to hope something comes up).

Are there any comparable hotels I should look at that come up at good prices?

Thanks

Richard

Welcome to betterbidding!

You should do a few things, in this order:

1) Book a fully refundable/cancellable backup reservation somewhere, just in case you don't win on priceline.

2) Check hotwire and EasyClickTravel ("Off the Record" results there), using the links above your post, to see if anything good comes up. Make sure you understand the terms of purchase there if you do purchase.

3) Consider staying in other NYC zones, such as MTE and UM-CPS. These are popular for tourists and really only add at the most 20 minutes of commuting time to anything in MTW.

4) Consider STAYING IN NEW JERSEY, or even, STAYING IN CONNECTICUT. Up to you to decide the right balance of price vs. convenience.

Also, what does $750 total work out to as a bid amount?

Thanks GM Mike :)

To be honest, my concern is more in getting great value for money than the actual cost.

I would like to stay somewhere central (thinking MTW/MTC/MTE).

As for amount to spend, I guess up to around $175/night.

Thanks

Richard

Rates are typically higher in September as it's a busy month in NYC (the plus side is that the weather typically gets very nice).

Based upon current prices you'll likely have to higher than you have aleady bid.

If value is what you're after i would definately consider adding MTE and UM/CPS to your bidding so that you have more opportunities to use a true bidding strategy, slowly increasing your bids, and also increase the number of possible hotels that are able to accept your bid.

Let us know if you want to add these zone, and how high you're currently willing to bid, and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am definitely willing to consider MTW, MTE and UM/CPS.

I would say that the very maximum I would be willing to bid would be $200/night, although less would be good :)

I am also in no great hurry to secure a room, as I have over 2 months until we fly..

Thanks

Richard

You have two re-bid zones available when bidding 4* in NYC. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175.

I would start with the above. If rejected, i would then consider the price and location of your back-up hotel in determining if/when to raise you bid to $200.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and keep us updated as to your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]