Priceline Hotel: 3* Ventura Beach Marriott

2pi
By 2pi,
in

Tried many times, having friends bid for me and the like, and this is the best I could get. Interestingly, I lost 2* at $42.

A bad thing of PL is that one gets used to pay so little, that even $50 feels outrageously expensive :). Still a good deal. This property has been recently renovated and it seems to be in a very good location. I'll tell you later.

Marriott Ventura Beach

2055 Harbor Blvd

Ventura, CA 93001.

Confirmation :) I pulled-up the reservation from the Marriott system and it shows the following under Rate Rules:

NON GTD RESV HELD TILL 1800

-WN 22739

I wonder what PL would do if I get to the hotel after 6pm and don't get a room. Would I be on my own, and later be refunded? I'll make sure to call the hotel.

Thanks for the post and new datapoint!

I just did a quick run thru a Priceline bidding screen and on the page that reviews your info it shows:

Check-In Time: Guaranteed late night arrival

Check-Out Time: Check-out times vary by hotel

Maybe just a glitch in their system and they'd know better than to cancel a pre-paid reservation (let's hope so), but it's always a good idea to call ahead, inform the hotel if you'll arriving late (and remember name of who you spoke to), and bring a printout of the confirm screen with you.

Enjoy your stay, and thanks again for sharing!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Emailed PL's customer service. Got a useless "answer" that had little connection with the question posed. Probably generated automatically by some entity (solid or flesh state :) ) using a few keywords and adding a random name.

Nevermind, I'll just call the hotel.

EDITED: Disregard, number is different (very similar). Sorry for the confusion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got an email from PL telling me:

"Since it has been at least three days since your last request, you can try your exact same hotel request again right now by clicking here."

The request number mentioned in the email is a winning bid. Why would they send me an email as it would have been a not successful bid? I checked on `My trips' and there it is, marked as a winning stay.

2pi.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]