Priceline Hotel: 2* Conway (Gorham) Royalty Inn

belgo
By belgo,
in

I didn't get a bite at $40, but I did get an offer to rebid for $52 (one night). I guess I'll try tomorrow at $45. They have 3* and 4* listed in Littleton NH, which isn't far away, but I'm going to try to see the moose (mooses?) early in the morning in Gorham. Littleton is just as close to the Mt. Washington cog railway, though... Interesting to call a town of 4400 Littleton. It reminds me of the little old man in the Mel Brooks movie "High Anxiety" who was called "Dr. Lillolman." :)

I got the Royalty Inn for $45/night. Actually, this was the place I was going to book if I didn't get it through Priceline, so it worked out great. Their website lists the price for those dates as "$69 to $119" so I'm not sure exactly how much it would have cost, but I figured I saved a little chunk of change. It seems pretty nice with indoor and outdoor pools, exercise room, jacuzzi, refrigerators, and internet connections. $45 + $11.30 = $56.39 total. I used the SavingsBarn link, of course.

I tried to book a room through their website and got a message "There are no rooms available for that date." Does Priceline pre-buy rooms far in advance, then? Another strange thing which I haven't seen is that it offered to extend my stay at the same rate if I wanted to. Is this becoming a standard offer when winning Priceline bids?

Congratulations on your win.

I think their booking system is down as rates are not available for any of the random dates i searched for. Wouldn't surprise me either, as what do you expect from a booking system where the day column goes from 1 to 120 :)

The "extend stay option" is being offered more and more frequently, but even when offered, it is not a guarantee that rates are actually available for that date. Many users have been given the option to extend their stay and when they attempt to do so receive a message that inventory is not available for that date.

Thanks for using the SavingsBarn.com link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]