VA Roanoke Wyndham North-Airport

pmc22
By pmc22,
in

currently at the wyndham.....no problems getting a double non-smoking and was able to check in early....interntet is charged at 10 bucks a day, however if you are a member of their rewards program (free to join) than you can get internet for free.....just tell them you want to use your member # for incidentals and realize that you won't get points for your hotel stay.......overheard from barstaff that hotel will be undergoing a renovation soon...

• 6 months later...

I gave Priceline a survey/review in which I said that this hotel was probably more upscale in its former days; it is definitely showing its age. It is fairly large and was likely a "centerpiece" around the airport and general north end of Roanoke. Has a tower style for the majority of rooms, 8 floors. Has indoor & outdoor pool(s), plus hot tub and sauna; extremely strong chlorine about knocks you out and permeates the adjacent hotel halls & elevator area. The restaurant has always "looked decent" although I've never eaten there. Hotel has an open-beam, cozy "lodge-like" atmosphere on the ground level. See pics & other info at the link included below.

Certain aspects of the hotel are 3*: foyer and sitting areas; amenities; room's bed linens; hotel personnel

A number of the hotel's details are 2* or less though: hall rugs on ground floor are extremely worn/threadbare; fixtures showing definite age; rooms in general

As of late Dec 2006, no apparent renovations have occurred (despite the post above), from what I could tell since my last stay in mid 2004.

Interesting amenities: free high speed Net access, domestic US local and long distance, and some food if you sign up for free customer membership.

Wnydham's own "webrates" (lowest) typically appear to be ~$80/nt. Range for this Fri night is currently $80-$104.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]