Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Pittsburgh (Airport PIT) Country Inn and Suites

mcgervey
By mcgervey,
in

This room was for my sister. She was trying to get the same hotel I got. She bid $35 on Pittsburgh Airport, and was rejected. She added Pittsburgh downtown, and bid again at $40 and was successful getting the Courtyard Inn and Suites.

I wasn't with her. I think the reason she got Country instead of Courtyard was she didn't downgrade the hotel to 2.5 stars... I think Country is 3* while Courtyard Marriot gets a 2.5*.

As an interesting side note, she originally bid the Pittsburgh Greentree area, $40, and used 2*. She got the Extended Stay Suites. Crisi and I had stayed there and weren't impressed. My sister called, since she is going to be travelling with my mom and her two kids, she was trying to get 2 beds. Extended stay has very limited bed choices, so she could only get one queen. She called priceline, explained the situation to her, they verified that Extended Stay has very limited bedding options, so they CANCELLED HER BID! I had never heard of that happening before. The girl at PL told her that in VERY limited circumstances they are allowed to cancel the stay. So she tried again, in the Airport area per my suggestion, and the above resulted.

I am unfamiliar with Country, but will check it out tomorrow. The website reports internet access, outdoor heated pool, etc.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]