Hotwire charge reversal policy

brucebowe2
By brucebowe2,
in

Hi.

I need some advice. I have a 5 night stay in Sedona, AZ booked through Hotwire starting 6/26. Right now (6/19) they are evacuating some 100s of homes because of forest fires. Oak Creek Canyon is closed. Sedona will likely be a mess a week from now, as the fire is 0% contained at this time. We go there to hike -- partly in the canyon.

I asked Hotwire and they said so long as the hotel is willing to register guests, there's nothing that can be done.

I realize I can probably get my Visa card people to go to bat for me and probably win this IF I have to cancel--which it looks right now like I will. Sedona is a 2 day drive from where we are, and going there isn't something I want to decide on at the last minute..

Anyone have some thoughts on this. BTW, the rep. at Hotwire couldn't have been snottier..

Thanks.

Bruce - Santa Rosa, CA

OUR RULES and POLICIES:
If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just got some news (news to me, anyhow)...

When you make a Hotwire res., they in turn make it with Ex-pedia and Ex-pedia makes it with the hotel you are choosing.. No one gets paid except Hotwire until after you have left the hotel. Then, Ex-pedia gets paid and passes a payment on to the hotel.. Hotwire gets a great float.

On the above problem, I talked to the hotel(again) and got a sympathetic res. manager who gave me Ex-pedia's phone number and the reservation number (something YOU don't ever have or get to see) with Ex-pedia. I phoned them and they heard my tale of woe. They transferred me to someone in authority at Hotwire (who, remember, still has my money). She heard a brief outline from me of the situation and immediately refunded my entire payment. I just got an email confirming all this.

This is all after TWO different people at Hotwire that I talked to by going in the front door (Customer Service) had told me to get lost and that Hotwire didn't have the money any more to refund me.. That's probably what Hotwire tells their help..

Happy ending. Yes, I'll probably use them again. NEVER try to cancel a reservation without having a really really good reason and be prepared to do a lot of work..

(pardon the hyphen in Ex-pedia - when I previewed this, the program inserts a long url)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]