Hotwire Hotel: Confused, need help with Los Gatos hotel

Kimmy
By Kimmy,
in

Hello,

I have checked the hotel list and searched for Los Gatos to see if I could find a list of hotels. So before I bid, can anyone tell me if there is a list?

I came across some older posts about the Los Gatos Hotel but I have not been able to find anything that shows any winning bids.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

If there is nothing in the hotel lists then there has been nothing reported to the board for this area (not a highly visited area).

Are you using priceline or hotwire (you mention bidding but this is in the Hotwire section of the forum).

Let us know and we'll try to help with a bidding strategy or identifying a hotel you may be seeing on Hotwire if you're going that route.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I stayed at the Hotel Los Gatos earlier this year, however not via a Hotwire or Priceline purchase, but rather Travelocity"]Travelocity.

Thereuare is correct in that this is a small town (although very upscale) and we don't see much Hotwire/Priceline activity.

If you're seeing a 4-star w/boutique icon for Los Gatos appear on Hotwire, there's about a 99.9% chance it's the Hotel Los Gatos. Aside from a few motels, the only other hotel in Los Gatos is the Toll House, which is also nice. However, I doubt it would merit a 4 star rating from either Hotwire or Priceline. Most likely the Toll House would come in at 3 stars on Priceline and 3 or 3.5 on Hotwire.

Good luck with either Hotwire or Priceline on this.

thank you for your responses (it took me a while to find my original post).

The Toll House shows as a 2.5 * on priceline (which it is an option when bidding). How do you go about bidding. I looked up the dates I'd like and it shows it as 219 per night. So, what would be an appropriate starting bid amount?

See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ... using the 'retail' version of priceline is not always a good indication of what you will receive thru the opaque product. Are you willing to accept a hotel other than the Hotel Los Gatos?

If so...

What are the dates of your stay?

What is your maximum bid?

With this information we will be able to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Although I've never stayed at the Toll House, I have dined there twice. As Thereuare stated above, Priceline's retail section (where you're seeing the Toll House rated as 2.5 stars) is not necessarily indicative of their opaque "name your own price" system. In my opinion, the Toll House meets the requirements of being rated 3-stars by Priceline in their opaque system. Again, only my opinion.

Personally speaking, I'd feel more comfortable bidding 3 stars in Los Gatos as opposed to 2.5 stars.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]