in

Your Offer Price: $45.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 4

Subtotal: $180.00

Taxes and

Service Fees: $29.52

Total Charges: $209.52

I tried to use the Priceline HK site, but it kept saying there was an error with the 2nd line of my credit card address. I sent an email. My husband encouraged me to go ahead and forego the bonus money, because they probably would not reply before Monday, and New Year's Eve at Disneyland might fill up quickly.

So first bid was $40. I got a counteroffer to add $12 more. I started over, used one of the free rebid zones (that do not have 3* bidding) and increased my bid to $43. I got another counteroffer to add $12. I quit here last night, because I wanted to know if I would hear from Priceline HK (I haven't yet, and they are already way into the weekend). So I started over again this morning at the savingsbarn site, used another of the free rebid zones, and increased my bid to $45. Success!

I think this hotel is the nearest of the 3* hotels to Disneyland (except possibly for the Marriott). So since I really wanted to be within walking distance, I am quite happy about that.

I would have considered bidding 2* or 2.5*, but I was too afraid of being placed in the boondocks without a shuttle.

I should add that it is possible the Priceline rates would have come down closer to the dates. The Coast Anaheim has conventional rates of $75 for my dates. The Hyatt, the Crown Plaza, and the Marriott have rates in the $120-130 range (although they do have cheaper rates than for these dates when I randomly selected dates).

Based on the Coast's rates, there's no indication in terms of rates that New Year's Eve is a sticking point. Nevertheless, given I preferred this place anyway, I'm glad to have resolved this.

When I phoned about 2 beds, they said it would be a $3/day charge to "upgrade" to 2 queens. Who knows - maybe if I had waited until I arrived there wouldn't have been any charge. But this is a small price to pay for peace of mind. Some other 3* hotels in this area have resort fees - so far as I know, this one does not. However, the ART shuttle to Disneyland is another $3/person per day. (We'll be walking!)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]