Priceline Hotel: 4* Berlin (East) Mercure Checkpoint Charlie

norwegianwife
By norwegianwife,
in

I think this is the first time we have seen this hotel on the board! I don't even know which zone it is in?? The map function is down.

I started at 65 in Tiergarten and was told that if I added 17 dollars to my bid i would be accepted. I closed the window and started over, and offered 72...was rejected...and NOT offered any alternatives. Raised the bid to 75 and added the airport, i think, but then my Visa wasn't accepted, (norway issues), so I had to add another zone for some reason, and I added East and upped it to 75 and was accepted here!

Overall, a very confusing bid. The Charlie has really good reviews on Trip Advisor. Anyone heard of it???

As always, bid through Savings Barn!!!!

Mercure Berlin Charlie

Check-In Date: Sunday, July 23, 2006

Check-Out Date: Monday, July 24, 2006

Your Offer Price: $75.00

Extend Your Stay

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $75.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$19.92

Total Charges: $94.92

well, i checked a little further into it and here is what i found;

69 Euros a night on Priceline Europe direct excluding taxes

90 USD on Hotels.com before taxes

and 59 Euros OR 75 USD on Expedia...

lowest I saw on their website for the date of stay was 99 Euros a night...so I don't know!!

Maybe I should challenge the best price guarantee thing, but i don't really want to fight anyone on a few dollars of tax! I am happy! Thanks though!!!

Thank you for adding this property to our hotel list and for using the SavingsBarn.com links to begin your bidding.

The map function is down.
If you're refering to our PRICEINE MAPS they're working fine on our end... please send us a PM if you still can not view them (although second thought is that we don't have a map for this zone, so maybe you're refering to another 'general' mapping service).

This appears to be in the East zone, but if somebody more familiar with the area can confirm or correct please let us know.

My feeling is to make the price claim guarantee as i think it helps Priceline keep tabs if some hotels consistently load rates into the system that are not lower than their own website rates (which they're not supposed to do)

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am a little hesitant to file a price gurantee claim for the simple reason that I use a foreign credit card and manipulate the system into accepting it. do you think they will investigate my card further if I call attention to myself? I would hate to get banned from Priceline...It would be a dispute over 19 dollars.

What do you guys think?

Yup, it's definitely "East" Berlin. Looks to be pretty central to what used to be known as "checkpoint Charlie" to pass from west to east. Close enough to walk to the Holocaust Memorial, museums, department store Galerie Lafayette, opera etc. Also to a fun "cruise" on the Spree for about 5 or 8 Euros which will take you past the German goverment buildings and the new enormous Berlin train station.

Also, I feel the same way about "mixing" it up with Priceline for a total of $19. Don't know if I would want to make them aware of any credit card issues.

Sharon

I am a little hesitant to file a price gurantee claim for the simple reason that I use a foreign credit card and manipulate the system into accepting it. do you think they will investigate my card further if I call attention to myself? I would hate to get banned from Priceline...It would be a dispute over 19 dollars.

What do you guys think?

No, I did several best-price-guarantees already too and never had problems because of that (using foreign CCs as well), don't worry. Why should they ban you? They make money out of you..

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]