in

Your Offer Price: $50.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $50.00

Taxes and

Service Fees: $12.03

Total Charges: $62.03

First bid! That rarely happens to me. I much prefer to work my way upwards slowly. Maybe I overbid this. Best nonrefundable net rates on the web are $93, and with tax $102.81. I don't think I have seen any lower bids, though. It suits my purposes anyway.

My daughter and I will arrive rather late at night at San Diego Airport and stay in San Diego until Dec. 28 (and then move on to Anaheim - hopefully I will have a bid soon for that). I tried for 2* Old Town up to $45 and that did not work, with various combinations of dates from Dec. 25-28. Hotwire is very high in Old Town for those dates, and there is no hotel that is available for all three nights.

Now I did not want to bid all of our dates for 3* San Diego Downtown - Harbor Island, exactly because we might get an airport hotel. However, for our first night arriving late, an airport hotel with a shuttle will be just fine. I just have to get those last two days in some other way (maybe even a private room at the YHA hostel in the Gaslamp district).

I sometimes use Priceline HK, but my hope was that if we *did* get a hotel downtown, I would try to extend it by 2 nights. You cannot extend hotel nights with Priceline HK. So I bid through the Savingsbarn link in this case.

...my hope was that if we *did* get a hotel downtown, I would try to extend it by 2 nights. You cannot extend hotel nights with Priceline HK

FYI, you can only extend your nites for the same number of nites or less, so in this instance you would have only been able to extend your reservation by one nite if you received a non-airport hotel.

Thanks for the support.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]