Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Mag Mile-Wacker Drive) InterContinental

cfprunner
By cfprunner,
in

As far as I know, there are no Lincoln Park hotels on HW or PL. However, the only hotel that has been reported as a botique win for Priceline is the Ambassador East. That hotel is in the Gold Coast area, and Lincoln Park Zoo is a 15 minute walk North of that.

Otherwise, in terms of regular rate, most people like either the Belden Stratford or the Best Western Hawthorne Place, the BW being further North.

That said, do you have to be in Lincoln Park? It's really quite easy and pretty quick to stay downtown and take the subway North to generally any part of the Lincoln Park area.

There aren't a whole lot of hotels in Lincoln Park, period. Mostly a couple of Daze Inns on Clark Street and a few boutiquey kind of places mostly in the Clark/Diversey area. Many of them have interesting histories: some used to be flophouses, there was a huge meth lab bust at one of them a few years back, etc. There used to be a separate Lincoln Park PL zone; I think the nicest thing you could get was a 2*ish Discomfort Inn which has since lost its branding.

The Best Western mentioned above would not be called Lincoln Park by any self-respecting Chicagoan. Real-estate agents try to fudge the official northern boundary up to Wellington or so, but 3400 North is REALLY strecthing it.

• 2 months later...

Thanks. I found a B&B that looked affordable but we encounter 2 problems: 1, it was really more like a studio apt. with danishes and juice in entryway each morning, 2, they lost our reservations but when pressed, found something for us. Would not use them again.....

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The Swissotel has been reported with only these two amenity icons in the past (although most recently has been with more icons), but i also have a reason to suspect the Hyatt. So although this hotel has not yet been identified, i would put my best guesses as either the Swissotel or the Hyatt.

Let su know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your help.

The Hotel is............(drum roll please)

Hotel

InterContinental Chicago

505 North Michigan Avenue

Chicago, Illinois 60611

(312) 944-4100

As always with Hotwire, if you can live with the price and everything of the Hotels on the list, it can be a great tool.

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]