Priceline Hotel: 4* Richmond (West End) Crowne Plaza

PDB_905
By PDB_905,
in

What is more important... price or zone? (ie- would you rather have a hotel in your prefered zone at your maximum price or one in your third zone choice at a lower price?)

What exactly is your maximum bid? "$40 range" doesn't tell us just how much higher than $40, if at all, you are wiling to bid.

Let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Price takes priority over zone, unless the difference is only like $5 or something.

I would go up to about $60. But just from browsing the board a little, I think something around $40 is a reasonable goal to shoot for.

If I just can't find a 3* in that range, I'll probably consider 2.5*.

Thanks again

At the 3* level you have 3 re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Midlothian...

Bid $30, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $33, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $38, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Downtown...

Bid $38, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* West End...

I think the above has a decent shot so start with that, if rejected we'll continue with a strategy to go a bit higher.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I guess I'm going to need a little guidance. I read and thought I understood the re-bidding info, but apparently not. Fortunately, I still have enough time to wait 72 hours or whatever and start from scratch. Here's what I did:

Bid $30 Midlothian, rejected

Added downtown, bid $33, rejected

Added West End, bid $35, rejected

Closed browser and went back in. Bid $30 downtown, and received the message:

"We were not able to process this request since our records indicate you have already made a request for this same trip"

I guess I need a little more explanation about what "add re-bid zone" means.

Thanks again for all your help.

List each Richmond zone and the highest star rating available within each zone. The way to find the highest star rated hotel available within each zone is described in this quote from Priceline Re-Bidding Explained:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.

We'll explain further from there.

OK, I got it figured out. Got an e-mail from Priceline inviting me to try again, so I followed the strategy correctly this time, and came up empty.

Bid $30 Midlothian, rejected

Added Chester, bid $30 (oops) rejected

Added Richmond South, bid $35, rejected

Added Innsbrook, bid $38, rejected

Bid $30 downtown, rejected

Added Chester, $33, rejected

Added Innsbrook, $35, rejected

Added South, $38, rejected

Bid $30 West End, rejected

Added Chester, $33, rejected

Added Innsbrook, $35, rejected

Added South, $38, rejected

So no deal yet...

You need to wait 24 hours in order to bid again as you did above. However, you can circumvent the 24 hour lock-out by bidding as follows:

Select 3* Midlothian and Downtown...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $42, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $44, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Midlothian and Westend...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $42, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $44, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Midlothian and Downtown and Westend...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Done! Here's the rundown:

Select 3* Midlothian and Downtown...

Bid $40, rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $42, rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $44, rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48, rejected

Select 3* Midlothian and Westend...

Bid $40, rejected, received counter offer of $52. Ignored and continued...

Bid $42, rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $44, accepted

Crowne Plaza West, June 17-19.

Thanks again.

Question: I booked this reservation for Saturday and Sunday nights for my dad and me. He then decided to arrive there a day earlier and booked a room at the same hotel on his own at $71 for Friday night. Does this present any potential problems? I just have visions of the hotel deciding to cancel the reservation I made on Priceline and just extending his reservation for Saturday and Sunday at $71 a night. Do I need to call the hotel to make sure something like this doesn't happen?

Thanks again.

I don't understand...

He has a reservation for one nite, Friday. You then have two rooms reserved (one for you and one for him) for Saturday and Sunday nites.

If the above is correct then there shouldn't be any problem, although when he checks in he may want to mention that he has a separate reservation for the next two nites and so that they can 'block the room' and he won't have to change rooms during the stay (although he may very well have to go to the front desk after the first nite and have them officially check him out of the room and then check him back in)

If i don't have the scenario above correct please clarfiy.

That's right, though I have one room booked for Saturday and Sunday, not two.

I just don't want some 'helpful' front desk clerk to say, "Yes sir, since you're already in the room, it would make things much easier for you if I just cancel the original reservation and extend your current room for two more nights." At $71 instead of $44, of course. Don't know if that makes sense, but I don't stay in hotels all that much and don't always know all the ins and outs and pitfalls.

I don't think it will be a problem. Just wanted to make sure.

So you have one room for Friday nite (at $71/nite) and one room for Saturday and Sunday nite (at $44/nite)...

You want to make sure that they don't adjust the rate for your Saturday and Sunday nite stay to $71? If that's the concern it won't happen. Still have your dad let them know that he has another reservation for the following two nites so that they can block the room (as discussed above).

However, it is always a good policy to bring the print out of your confirmation screen with you... it can help solve any problems that may arise.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]