Priceline Hotel: 4* San Antonio (Downtown-Riverwalk) Marriot Plaza San Antonio

LotzOStuff
By LotzOStuff,
in

3-star hotel in Downtown San Antonio and Riverwalk for $152/night

Suite, Complimentary Breakfast, Pool(s), Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Laundry Facilities

Not sure if anyone knows what hotel this would be. Closest match I can find is below, but it's listed in a different region? Did they move regions, is this an unknown hotel as of yet, or am I missing something?

San Antonio (NW San Antonio - Medical Center)

3* Staybridge Suites

Amenities: Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Fitness, Kitchenette, Business, Laundry

Almost looks liek the NW San Antonio and Medical Center hotels are coming up in my search. I checked again to make sure I only had the "Downtown" box checked. The 2 and 2.5 star options are matching perfectly with documented hotels from that regions, but none listed here for the Riverwalk area.

Too scared to do anything now, will have to keep checking.

I don't have time to do it right this second, but I'd suggest you bring up hotwire's current downtown map and carefully compare the street address locations of the hotels you're seeing listed in other zones here. Hotwire may have widened the downtown zone recently. If that's the case, please do let us know specifically what you found so it can be adjusted.

Started bidding at $78, DENIED

Added bids of 82, 86, 90, 95, 99 with no success.

I was hesitant to bid the West zone as there are resorts there and I couldn't find the answer to the following question.

If bidding 4* is there a possibility that I could be awarded a resort location? If not, then it's another free rebid. If that's possible, even if unlikely, I can't take the chance of being way out in the hill Country.

I'll keep you posted. Will try again tonight or tomorrow.

Tried again today...

Started $90 and went up by $5 increments using free re-bids to $115/night.

Still no luck. Popular time to go to San Antonio I guess. One of the last few weekends before it just gets unbearably hot!!! Wonder if prices will drop if the Spurs lose game 7 tomorrow night? Think people might have rooms held that they would let go if there's no more play-offs?

No opinion on the Spurs game from anyone??? I'm going to give it a shot again today up to $125 and then wait until after I see the results of the game tomorrow night. At this point, I can't believe how little availability there is and how expensive the remaining rooms are.

Any insight? Class, class, anyone???

Well, prices did come down after the big Spurs loss. Looks like the 4* Wyndham property for $137 on hotwire. Not had good reviews though and I don't love the lcoation, so back to Priceline another day or two.

Started today at 101 - 107 - 115 - 120 - 125 - 130.

NO LUCK. Will try again tomorrow.

What are your dates? -- have you checked what the online rates are

at the hotels themselves (just to get a feel for availability and prices)

I have been trying for 6 months to get decent rates in SAT

I generally go for W resort and NW 4* (the OMNI), but I haven't

even close to getting rates I am interested in.

Something must be up with SAT across the board.

m

Dates are in the subject line. Next weekend 6/9 thru 6/11. Lots of sold out hotels as it's a popular time for the Riverwalk/Seas World/San Antonio in general. 4*s in the 200-300 range. Some other avaialabilities, including my backup at Amerisuites aor $159 with $20 giftcard back at check-in.

Today tried 110 - 120 - 130 - 140 - 145 - 150.

No luck. Looks like the back up Amerisuite may be the way things fall. Ya never know though with last minute releases. Spurs were expecting to play in the finals starting this weekend, so not sure how many rooms people had for those games...

I've read on other boards that it's sometimes better to wait a few days before rebidding but saw no justification for this remark. Anybody have any insight? Maybe try from a new account for my girlfriend? I guess my question could be summer up this way -- Does anyone know whether previous bid history affects future requests?

Well, getting nervous, so I locked in an Amerisuites on the Riverwalk at $169. Works well as there will be three girls, so the extra sofabed is a luxury. Also free breakfast buffet...

Will keep trying for 4* on the Riverwalk (Hyatt, Hilton, etc...) not overly hopeful though.

Always remember to have a locked in back-up plan!!!

Well, after weeks of searching, finally landed this solid deal. Rooms just became available on the Marriot webste for $229 a night.

Today's bidding started at $110/night and rebid 120 - Denied, then $130 ACCEPTED!!!

Hope this info helps someone else. Thanks betterbidding. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]