Priceline Hotel: Need help with 4* Santa Cruz - priceline

jasminesmom
By jasminesmom,
in

I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm going about this the right way.

I'm aware that Chaminade is the only hotel in Santa Cruz on Priceline in the 4* category and desperately want to stay there June 28-July 2, 2006.

I put in bids so far for:

$100, then $112, then $120 unsuccessfully

I know these are probably on the low end. If anyone knows the winning number I'd be happy to know.

Thanks!

:)

Thanks for your assistance!

I'd say I can go up to about as high as $150.

I'm guessing that the only 4* hotel I can bid on in Santa Cruz is the Chaminade because it is the only 4* hotel that shows up for the Santa Cruz geographic area on the transparent area of their site. Tell me if I could be wrong on this.

I'd love any info you have on how I should proceed.

The Hilton Scotts Valley only rates as a 3* on Priceline. And except for tripadvisor, I'm only seeing it rated as a 3* elsewhere while Chaminade continually rates as a 4*. I just can't find any other 4* hotels in that Santa Cruz geographic area. The closest 4* I can tell is in Los Gatos (outside the priceline area). Please tell me if I'm wrong. Also, any tips on how to bid?

I'm guessing that the only 4* hotel I can bid on in Santa Cruz is the Chaminade because it is the only 4* hotel that shows up for the Santa Cruz geographic area on the transparent area of their site. Tell me if I could be wrong on this.
Yes, this is incorrect.

See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Let us know if you still want to bid knowing that you could receive a hotel other than the Chaminade.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, you're in an area with only one zone. A rough choice.

Personally, I'd reccomend going up by $5 or $10 per 24 hour period. You still have a few weeks until your stay arrives, you should have plenty of time. Make up your mind ahead of time on what the highest you'll go is -- it may help you to have a backup hotel (refundable) booked just in case. (So you don't end up sleeping in your car.)

Good luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]