Hotwire Hotel: Another needing help for Rome!!

paly1
By paly1,
in

Hi,

We are due in Rome - 6th thru 13th Sep - 7 nights and want a nice hotel in the center - we are attending a conference...

Hotwire seems expensive for the dates for anything 4 star and above...

Whats the luck on lower prices for priceline?

many thanks,

paly...

I don't mind splitting my bid - i want a 4* - would be easier to be in one hotel though as we have a baby....we might also book 2 rooms and have mother on board!

i guess we would like to get something for as near to $120 - don't know if this is reasonable for rome for 4*...

location - we need to be near the EUR area - have a conference at the congress center there...do you have any idea which part of the city this is re. priceline/hotwire!?

Many thanks as always guys..

Paly:)

we might also book 2 rooms and have mother on board!
Please let us know once you're plans are firm and you're ready to bid/purchase... rates (and thus strategies) can change between now and the time you are ready to move forward.
EUR area - have a conference at the congress center there...do you have any idea which part of the city this is re. priceline/hotwire!?
I don't know where this is but if you find the address you can use Google Maps to find the location and then compare that to priceline's zones and boundaries.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If it's more important to be near EUR and the Congress Center, then I'd just look for a hotel there, like this one:

http://www.bookings.nl/hotel/it/eurostars-...ion-center.html

Of course double-check it actually is convenient for what you want.

I can't see any of the Hotwire or Priceline zones being a great match (maybe South on Priceline, but it's totally untested). With your plans being uncertain, consider booking cancellable rooms. Rome hotel rooms can be hard to get at the last minute, particularly if you want less expensive ones.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update - I booked back-up rooms which I think are quite reasonable...

Used Accomline.com - really good prices (and good back up as only costs 15 euros to cancel) - got Sheraton Roma in EUR District...booked 2 rooms - double for 187 Euros per night incs. taxes and breakfast and 145 for single occupancy room

I am still unsure about our baby - i haven't inc. her as there was only an option for adults - do u think the sheraton will charge if we have her in our room (double) and have her own cot which we will bring with us??...

Considering the prices in rome during that period - this seems a good deal - the rates via the conference deals are about 20% more and direct with sheraton for a delux room is double the price! - I have filled in a pricematch form with the sheraton to see if they will match the price and take 10% off!! - you can but try....

Thanks for all the help..

Paly

I'm not sure i follow all of the above, but if you're trying to pricematch a rate to the Sheraton i believe you first need to book it thru the Sheraton and then make a claim for the lower rate... in which case it would be appreciated if you used our Sheraton link as found in our support page.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]