Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC MTE Grand Hyatt

aglinka
By aglinka,
in

I'm going November 20-November 23.

Any logic in splitting up the dates?

I started 4* at $129 at UM/CPS then add MTW and the Upper East Side. I think that's how I did it. I raised the price gradually.

Same thing with the 3* same zones..just began MTW, added UPper East Side, then went UM/CPS. Don't remember exactly.

Basically, what do I do know. Standard rates at 4-star hotelsstarts at $299-750!!!!!

When did you bid the information in your first post, because it will affect any strategy that i post for you now.

What is your maximum bid for 3* and 4* repectively.

We have quite a few positive reviews on MTE hotels in our HOTEL REVIEWS section (many of which state similar stories as you did, "i braced myself for the worst but i was pleasantly surprised"). Personally, i'd bid the MTE zone, especially if cost was a factor.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would try the following:

4* MTE bid $120, when if rejected add

MTW bid $130, if rejected add

CPS/UM bid $140, if rejected add

MTS bid $150, if rejected

re-bid zone and bid $160

I raised your minimum by $1 because it may take a $160/bid to get accepted as we've recently seen. I've also added the MTS zone but doubt you'll get accepted there as 4* prices in that area are usually higher than the others. However, if you absolutely don't want the MTS zone i'd bid as follows:

4* MTE bid $120, when if rejected add

MTW bid $140, if rejected add

CPS/UM bid $150, if rejected add

re-bid zone and bid $160

You should be able to bid this immediately since you haven't bid these combination of zones before. Try the above and if unsuccessful let me know your decision on the MTS zone and i'll supply an appropriate 3* strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So you're punishing them for what you feel is them overating hotels?

Since you didn't provide any of the Hotwire information I did the work of looking up the hotel you're seeing and i believe the hotel has been identified and if i'm correct.... it's a 4* hotel on Priceline as well. I don't think it's wise to not even make an attempt to figure out the hotel and then make a blanket statement, "I'm not going to use Hotwire because they often overrate their hotels."

You also question why the hotel managers are rejecting your $160 bid. Think about it from their perspective: it's their busy time of year, many hotels are at high occupancy, and they have customers that are willing to pay $275+ per nite. Given that scenario, why should they look to unload inventory and accept $160?

I think the Hotwire hotel is the Millenium UN Plaza Hotel, but double check what you're seeing witht the list here: Hotwire New York Hotels

If you want to re-try Priceline in a few days, i'd do the following:

4* MTE bid $140, if rejected add

MTW bid $160, if rejected add

CPS/UM bid $170, if rejected add

MTS bid $180, if rejected add

re-bid zone and bid $189

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]