Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Newark (Jersey City) Courtyard

Lovedr
By Lovedr,
in

Hello I will be in the NYC area, and I'll have a rental car, looking for a 3 star hotel in Jersey City or Newark for 6/16-6/18. My maximum I would like to pay nightly is $75, but maybe I might get lucky and get something in the $65-$70 nightly range.

While the Hyatt on the Hudson is really nice, I see overnight parking is $31, so thats $62 for 2nights :)

I might start out at $60. If this is unsuccessful, add the one rebid zone that you have in this area and increase your bid by $5. You have plenty of time. Rates in Newark should be lower, but you may have to pay to park and it is a further commute into NYC.

Since this is a weekend stay there is nearby on-the-street parking which we can direct you to in Jersey City... does this change your prefered zone?

Let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

PS- if you're commuting to NYC don't seriously consider the EWR zone, commuting from there is not worth the hassle in exchange for free parking

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I can really use the off street parking. I'll only be using the car to get myself from EWR to the hotel fri, and then from the hotel to Queens sat, and then back to EWR sunday. When I go out at night, a friend will be picking me up so thats good. How far is the off street parking, and is it relatively easy to find?

Thanks so much!!

The off-street parking is about a 15-20 minute walk to the hotel, however, i would question your decision to rent a car... where in queens do you need to be on Saturday (is it near a subway stop?) and what is the rental rate you have for the weekend (is it cancellable or did you book thru a non-refundable source).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

wow 15-20mins walk...hmmm well I really dont have to rent a car. I can get one friend to pick me up from airport friday and drop me off sat. It would be convenient for him as he lives in Jersey City anyway. My other friend in NY was going to rent a car anyway, its to go to a wedding in Queens. I havent booked it yet, last time I rented a car in NYC, I was able to get about $60 a day.

So yeah on a 2nd note thereuare, I really dont need to rent a car :)

I'd prefer to stay in Jersey City, Double tree and Courtyard both have chepaer parking, if I do decide to rent, at $14 or $10 a day.

I wouldnt mind Seacucus or Meadowlands as they arent far from Jersey City. My max is hopefully $70 a night

Thanks so much

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I bid again, and got the 2.5 courtyard for $65 for the 1st night 6/16-6/17. I was offered the extend a night, tried it and best they could get was $161. I'm going to try to see if I can get the courtyard for $70 for that sat night.

I used the savingsbarn link

conventional rates are $169 through the Marriott website for both nights, if you have not bid for the single night of 6/17, you can start bidding right now. :)

BTW, this $65 rate is great for the JC Courtyard, this place does not come up very often, way to go!

Before i even read dahammer's post above i was going to comment that we rarely see this property come up... one could only hope that this starts a trend of increased participation by them with the opaque suppliers (but i doubt it :) )

Location of this property is very good for PATH access and near a few restaurants.

Thank you for using the SavingsBarn.com links to begin your bidding and have a great stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]