Am I allowed to put 2 names on a reservation for 1 room?

iLIV4spam
By iLIV4spam,
in

I may need to help a relative from overseas book a hotel when they visit and wanted to know if I could put both our names on the reservation (in case their flight gets delayed/cancelled, I can check in for them so they don't risk losing their reservation). Would there be a problem puting my full name in the "First Name" box and my cousins full name in the "Last Name" box?

This would make it difficult to look up the reservation on the reservation system. It could probably be sorted out, but I wouldn't want to try it.

Most (but not all) hotels will allow you to phone up after the bid and add someone else to the reservation. Or if delayed, maybe the person on the confirmation could phone the hotel and check in over the phone.

Since you seem to be 'involved' with this trip for them, why not just monitor their flight for them and if you see they will be very late then call the hotel on their behalf? If you live very close to the hotels in the zone you could also just put the room in your name and check-in for them during the day. Just how late are they expected?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]