Hotwire Hotel: 4* Napa (Calistoga - St Helena)

KLL
By KLL,
in

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me identify possible hotels that meet this description:

4-star hotel in Calistoga - St. Helena (Napa)

Hotel Amenities:

Boutique Hotel

Complimentary Breakfast

Pool(s)

Spa Services

High-speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Business Center

Thanks.

This is a match for the Harvest Inn so that would be our best guess.

If you intend to try for a Double the Difference Guarantee do note that they have many different rooms classes as this property, and the DTD Guarantee compares 'room class' to 'room class', so just finding a lower rate on the hotel's website isn't going to qualify unless you know that is the room class that Hotwire will assign.

Let us know what you decide to do or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the hint. I had ruled out Harvest Inn because the Hotwire price was more than their cheapest room. I would be pretty upset if I got a basic room ($399 on their website) for $448 on Hotwire especially if I wasn't able to get the DTD refund. I suppose there's no way to know the 'room class' before booking? Would I get the 'room class' after booking?

I noticed the room rate on Hotwire changes a little for this class/location based on the number of days I pick. Yesterday, if I chose 2 nights (fri-sun), the rate was $400; if I chose 3 nights (thurs-sun), the rate was $448 (today, both 2 and 3 nights are $448). If I picked 1 night only (fri or sat), no 4* hotel in this area shows up (note: Harvest Inn did accept 1 night reservations on their website). Could this indicate there are other hotels being offered in this class? I found a few hotels that had 3 night minimum stays (e.g. the Inn at Southbridge - not sure whether they offer free breakfast though) which could explain the price difference when going from 2 to 3 nights, but thought perhaps these hotels were 'too nice' for Hotwire's 4* rating.

So, any other suggestions would be appreciated (particularly anyone's booking results this class/location - I did not find any already reported on this forum). As it stand now, I would probably not choose this rate if the Harvest Inn was the likely winner, due to the price inconsistency/unknown 'room class', and the mixed reviews I've read on tripadvisor and other sites.

If you intend to try for a Double the Difference Guarantee do note that they have many different rooms classes as this property, and the DTD Guarantee compares 'room class' to 'room class', so just finding a lower rate on the hotel's website isn't going to qualify unless you know that is the room class that Hotwire will assign.

The "room class to room class" issue is something I've always wondered about when I've filed for DTD. Perhaps I've just been lucky, but the issue has never come up in my experiences (which are many) and I've never been denied a DTD claim. Personally, I think Hotwire is pretty liberal on this issue with regards to DTD, because there is no way for the customer to know what type room their buying, let alone which hotel.

Most hotels don't have too many classes of rooms, and Hotiwre usually is for the lowest class, so most of the time it is not an issue... but i know of at least one example where a claim was denied as the Hotwire rate was not for the lowest class room. We confirmed with the user upon their return that they were not assigned to the lowest class room at the hotel and were assigned to the room class that Hotwire refered to in a reply to their double the difference claim.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]