OR Portland Radisson Airport

lowballer
By lowballer,
in

Had a three-night stay here. Despite a few problems it's still a decent 3*.

This hotel is not located on Airport Way as many of the other PDX properites are, but a bit south. It is usually easier to use U.S. 30 to get between the hotel and I-205 than to use the airport road. There are no restaurants (other than the hotel's own) or stores nearby; when I needed stuff I headed east on I-84.

The parking lot is large and the place runs a park-and-fly operation. Although I was always able to find a space, spaces become scarce late at night. Parking is free on nights you're staying there. The shuttle to and from the airport runs on a seemingly erratic schedule; you may want to ask about it ahead of time.

Many Radissons are hand-me-downs from other chains and thus feel a bit frayed, but not this one. Everything was fresh and modern, and the halls and lobby are decorated with an appealing "Fly Oregon" theme.

I received a large nonsmoking room with a king bed. Although not what I'd call a suite, it included a couch, fridge and microwave. The Sleep Number Bed took awhile to get used to, but once I did I slept very well. The linens were good, with plenty of pillows.

An exercise room and a pool/sauna/hot tub area are adjacent to the lobby. The pool area is in plain view of the front desk and supposedly closes at 10pm. However, I stayed in there until after 11pm and was not bothered. (You probably don't want to make too much noise, have kids running around, etc. that late.) The sauna makes an annoying buzzing sound when warming up and seemed not to work one day.

A business center with two free Internet computers and printer is on the second floor, directly over the lobby.

Two significant problems I encountered: First, neither of the two ice machines closest to my room worked, and my card key didn't work TWICE. I found this annoying, especially considering the key would work everywhere else, including getting into the building immediately before failing to get into my room.

On weekday mornings a USA Today was left at my door. The Wall Street Journal and the Oregonian are also available for free at the desk.

The hiccups seemed like the kind of things that were unique to my stay, and if I were paying rack I'd be less tolerant. But for the $41 I paid on PL I'd be happy to stay here again.

• 6 months later...

We just got back from our trip and the Hotel was GREAT - we had number beds that were great to try out (still would not buy one) and the pool was great for the kids.

The parking lot doubles as a park and ride for the airport it was full but we always found a spot pretty close.

I will always try to get that hotel when in town visiting family - it was GREAT!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]