72 Hour Waiting Period... WAIT the FULL 72 Hours

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

If you have run out of re-bids (RE-Bidding Explained) and now need to wait 72 Hours before bidding again, you MUST wait the full 72 hours!!

Submitting a bid 71 hours and 30 minutes after your last bid never works, and often, it will lock you out of the system for another 72 hours! :)

So make sure you are aware of the time of your last rejected bid and even wait an extra few minutes to avoid any unexpected problems.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

"Submitting a bid 71 hours and 30 minutes after your last bid never works, and often, it will lock you out of the system for another 72 hours! "

Hi - Long time lurker here, but had to register when I saw this one. It's absolutely not true. This has been discussed at length at TOBB, proven false there, and I've proven it false personally. Submitting an identical offer within 72 hours of the first does not "reset the clock".

Welcome to BetterBidding! (and thanks for registering)

While bidding again within 72 hours doesn't automatically lock you out for another 72 hours, it can and does, happen. This is why i used the word often in my quote above, implying it doesn't always happen.

THIS USER is currently having a problem, and it's their experience that prompted this thread.

You seem like a well versed Priceline user and we look forward to your contributions here.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...

Just my 2 cents, I thought I had waited the full 72 hours for a hotel, but apparently not. I received the following message:

We were not able to process this request since our records indicate you have already made a request for this same trip. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number XX.

We'd be happy to try your request again if you can do any one of the following:

Change your dates of stay

Select a different hotel quality star level

Add more areas in which you'd be willing to stay

If you can change any of these items, you can also name a new price. If you are unable to change your request as indicated above, you will need to wait at least 72 hours from the time you made your original offer to try again.

By the phrase in bold, their policy seems to be that they will not extend the 72 hours if you accidently bid too early.

I think we're all in agreement that it shouldn't lock you out for an add'l 72 hours, and for most users it does not. However, there have been enough reports of it not working as planned that this thread is letting users know that the possibility exists that it could happen.

If it only happened once or twice it could be dismissed as user error, but there have been multiple reports of this occuring that it is worthwhile to note. Forunately it hasn't happened recently, which is why the most recent prior comment in this thread is over a year old. Perhaps any coding problems that that did exist were rectified within this timeframe.

• 3 months later...

recently happened to me!

so what about different users in the same household, on the same computer?

I place a bid series on my account on Day 1, failed so i got locked out 72 hours. My brother then used his account (with different credit card, username name etc) to bid on the same itinerary in his name (we're going on the trip together as a family) 3 hours after start of my bid series, also didn't get anywhere, and got locked out too.

and then 2 days after our original bid, we got dad to register for priceline (he lives in another city vs me and my bro so a completely different billing address, but he did the bid at our place coz we had to show him how) and when he booked, he entered same itinerary and same last name for main check-in guest(although different first names, of course). He didn't get a room either so his new account had to wait the 72 hours now

however, it seems like PL had treated our 3 accounts as one same user - all 3 of us got locked out 72 hours counting from the start of dad's bid!!!! (ie a whole 5 days after my own bid series)

is it because of the same itinerary (they know we are the same traveling party?) and that we're bidding from the same computer??? - despite different usernames, different credit cards, different billing addresses!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

On two occasions within the past 8 days, I did wait more than 72 hours, but still was told that I hadn't, and therefore locked out from bidding for another few days. On the first occasion, I waited 72 hrs. and 45 min.; on the second, I waited 72 hrs. and 23 min. Priceline customer support has been extremely unhelpful, merely repeating that I must wait 72 hrs., and on one occasion, saying they can't determine why my bid wasn't taken. Their responses have amounted to disingenuous double-speak.

What is a safe period to wait before posting a duplicate bid for a car rental? Obviously, if I don't know this, I will continue to get locked out for 72 hrs. (or whatever the real minimum period is).

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]