Hotwire Hotel: 3* Newark (Secaucus-North Bergen) Wyndham Suites

awesomemama
By awesomemama,
in

I just booked the Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson through savingsbarn for 7-5-06 through 7-8-06

1 room(s) @ $94.00 per night x 3 night(s) $282.00 Hotel Taxes and fees: $39.94 Hotel Subtotal $321.94 Total Price $321.

I will be traveling with my young adult son and my two teens. I chose the Hyatt because of the great reviews on Trip Advisor, larger hotel room size, fast and easy transportation to New York City, and awesome views of New York.

I did note on the Hyatt web site that there is no rollaways allowed in double bedded rooms. Since your group is five, that may be be a issue.

I really tried to find a room by Times Square for at least one night, for the "total New York experience." However with the money save I will treat my kids to a Broadway play!

Have fun!

ktp, can you please post your win in the Priceline section of the board? This will be of most benefit to others looking for similar accomodations. thanks! :)

Rates at the Hyatt are about $120 more per night for the June 21-23 period compared to July 5-8 ($199, 199, 169 vs $319, 279) :) The Doubletree in Jersey City is $239.

awsomemamma, the Jersey City area is a great location for visiting NYC and the Hyatt and Doubletree are close to the PATH train into the city, but rates seem pretty high for your dates. You first started out in the Secaucus area, you may want to consider bidding for two rooms as 5 in a room might be a little tight. You may also want to get an inexpensive inflatable bed, this will get use on your trip

Thanks. Yes, the rates for my dates are quite high in the Jersey City area, (I bid up to about $130) which is why I moved into the other areas. I think the Hackensack or Secaucus are going to me my best bets if I stay in the NJ area. We will be dropping my hubby off at the airport in Hartford after our days in NYC which is why I am considering the Stamford CT area.

Thanks for the airbed thought dahammer. My kids are used to sleeping on sleeping bags in hotels--I usually only get 1 room, and we use the $ we save to have more fun. I am thinking about 2 rooms in this area though since from my research it looks like we might have some tight squeezes...

Thanks for the help!

The 3* Wyndham Meadowlands Suites has been won recently, I've stayed here several times and I think its a great hotel for families, the Suites have a seperate bedroom and sitting room, the kids will like the indoor pool. This is in the Secaucus-North Bergen zone and you might be successful at the $65 level. Good Luck!

PS, what time is the Hartford flight?

Thanks for the info dahammer. The Whyndam suites are nice then? Maybe I will just try to bid in the Secaucus area then--I was worried about if it would be nice--sound like you like it okay....

The Hartford flight is at 1pm--we are just going to leave whatever hotel we get (wherever it may be) and drive up to drop him off on the way to Boston.

Once I finally get up the guts to place the bid, I will post what happened. It always takes a bit of stewing for me, I'm always a little hesitant at commitment to anything! :)

your plans must be firm because if you bid and win, you can't cancel. That being said, you gotta look at the savings compared to making a conventional reservation that allows you to cancel. Sounds like you are undecided between Stamford and Secaucus or Hoboken. I really think Hoboken will be a difficult win for you so look at the list of reported wins in Secaucus and Stamford, CT and decide which area will be best for you based upon your plans for visiting the NYC area and then bid accordingly. Good Luck!

dahammer--

thanks for all your advice. I know I have to have firm plans, that's why I always hesitate a while. Yes, I think I have pretty much narrowed my search down to Secaucus, or stamford, both have pros and cons. I also noticed the edison area yesterday, and am considering that area.

I use priceline often here on the west coast, but this is my first "big" trip trying to use priceline for the great savings. Since I have never actually stayed in this area (as an adult :) ) I am just trying to make the most informed decision--and the one that will help my husband (who s to travel and s big cities) semi-enjoy himself, and give my kids a trip to remember.

Thanks for everything!

Thanks so much. I have finally booked. Went through priceline.

Bid $60 3* secaucus area.

Started new bid, bid $70 Jersey city area.

Bid $62 Jersey City and Secaucus

Started new bid, bid $64 secaucus and elizabeth

Bid $66 added Jersey city. Accepted.

Wyndham Meadowlands Suites. Jun 21-23 (2 nights)

total $159.76

Thanks again!

Now I'll start working on the Boston area :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]