Any Shannon, Ireland from Pittsburgh (PIT) airfare tips?

mcgervey
By mcgervey,
in

Looking for any information from folks that have bid on Ireland or UK airfare. Cheaptickets.com scouting looks like my best deal for my dates of travel in October comes out to $950 total for two. That's not bad, but I plan on trying to improve on that through some priceline bidding next week.

Has anyone been very successful on Priceline off Cheaptickets.com prices flying across the pond?

If so, when and where did you bid and what was your bid and destination?

Aer Lingus will be the carrier out of Boston or JFK, that much I know. The only variability in price I see depends on which carrier I take from Pgh to Boston or NYC.

If there isn't anyone on here that has done it, check back, as I will be and I'll let you know!

I'm hoping I can shave a few hundred off that with priceline, but I have to admit that less than $500 per person included still isn't bad to Ireland, as my friends did it and paid $900 each. Of course they paid somebodys regular rate knowing them, and also travelled in June when it's a little warmer on the Emerald Isle. Ireland airfare tends to vary with the mean temperature there too (which, of course, directly affects the number or tourists).

So, anyone with Ireland experience out there?

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]