Priceline Hotel: 3* Ft. Lauderdale (West-Plantation) Sheraton Suite

Warbird
By Warbird,
in

Earlier I had posted receiving the Downtown Hyatt Regency in Miami for 11/15/03. Well, Carnival decided to move embarkcation for the cruise ship Victory from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale. Evidentally, The Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA) Ministerial Meeting and Business Forum will be held in downtown Miami in November. They expect over a 100,000 vistiors in downtown Miami which would cause serious disruption to their operation from the Port of Miami. That said, I needed to make reservations in Ft Lauderdale as I didn't want to stay in Miami the night before the cruise. I wanted a 3* in downtown FLL and added successive zones of Pompano Beach, Miramar, Hollywood, and West Ft. Lauderdale - Plantation as there were no 3* listed in those zones except Downtown FLL. It turned out that the Sheraton Suites Plantation must have been a sleeper 3* hotel in the Plantation zone. This is still a good value and instead of being close to the cruise ships for viewing is close to some shopping malls for my better half.

The Sheraton is showing $109.00 Average Daily rate per room plus tax.

At least you got something 'usable'... sometimes we see mistakes result in properties that can't be used at all.

To reiterate, the correct way to find out what zones are re-bid zones is NOT from our hotel lists. Users should pull up a Priceline screen with the sub-zones listed, select a zone and click NEXT to see the available star levels available in that zone. Click BACK on your browser, UNcheck the previous zone, select the next sub-zone in the list, and repeat the process.

Even if you used our lists to see what star levels are available in each area, there is a 4* and a Resort listed in this zone. When selecting a star rating, it is the minimum you are willing to accept and Priceline has the option of upgrading you to a higher rated property (so even by that measure this would not have been a re-bid zone at the 3* level).

Sounds like this works out for you none-the-less, but i wanted to mention the above for your future bids and for anyone else following along.

Thanks for the reported win and enjoy your cruise!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]