Priceline Hotel: Manchester Airport ?????

kapaa205
By kapaa205,
in

Looking for a little advice on Manchester Airport, July 8th, 1 night. We have a connection and need to spend a night in Manchester. We have an early flight on Sunday, July 9th and would like to stay near the airport. I would love to book something on priceline but am a little concerned.....most of the hotels on the area seem to want only 2 people in each room. We are 2 adults and 3 kids...I know I will need 2 rooms but will it be a problem having and extra kid in one of the rooms. The best deal I have found is a prepaid rate of $53 at the Travelodge Airport hotel. (I looked at your Support Betterbidding link at the travelodge site but it seems like its just for US properties:????) Some of the 4 stars in the area get bad reviews so I'm a little concerned if I go the priceline way.

If anyone is familiar with this area and know if the above hotel is walking distance to a small town (places to eat), please let me know. Also would it be worth our while to go into the city for the afternoon (we arrive around noon), public transport. I saw someone get the Marriott not to long ago and it looks nice but they paid a lot more than I would like at this point being that I need 2 rooms.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

From the reviews, it sounds like you need a car or taxi and not public transport, but it sounds like a good place:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews...er_England.html

Try this site to see if you can get any deals:

http://www.holidayextras.co.uk/

With the five people, I guess the main issue will be whether the staff notices. If they do, then you could have a problem. Also, the rooms are likely to be tiny, so having one parent in each room might work out better.

Thank you both for the quick replies. The reviews look good and will probably end up booking this....my only concern is spending a whole afternoon evening with 3 kids (9,7,3) with nothing to do. The Marriott has a lovely pool which they would love. (No guarantee it would come up on priceline at a cheap rate). Is it okay to bring young children to pubs in England for a bite to eat:)?

(I looked at your Support Betterbidding link at the travelodge site but it seems like its just for US properties:????)

The travelodge that I'm interested in did not show up when I went to your support site.......maybe this one is not the same at US properties????.

I am still debating on this hotel as to what to do given the boredom factor of 3 small kids with nothing to do.

• 5 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]