Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MTE) Millenium UN Plaza

jenndon
By jenndon,
in

I started bidding on 5/2 for 4* hotels. I figured time was on my side, so I started low and was rejected up to 145 (over the last couple of days) in MTE, MTW and UM.

I also tried to low-ball 3* and was rejected up to 135 there as well.

Today I went all the way up to 160 in 3* (same areas as above), and still rejected.

Any backup suggestions? It's for a girl's getaway, and we really don't want to spend more than about 160 (which comes to about 200 after it's all said and done).

Thanks. If I use that link, that will help the site? I knew that there were some fallbacks you usually reommended. Is this a fully cancellable reservation, if I booked it as a backup?

I know it might not be available, so I'm probably going to try to rebid on PL--it's been a few days. Then I'll ask my friend how high she can really go. I haven't bid up that high on PL either.

Thanks.

Yes, the link above would benefit the board.

When posted two days ago it was 'available' but is now 'on request'... i wouldn't bother trying to book it anymore since it's now 'on request'. The reservation would have been fully cancellable up until 3 days before your check-in date.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry I missed it, but I still haven't reached my friend about upper budget. $188 is really a stretch, and I guess our true alternate is to stay here at home in CT for the night, although we'd really like to get a room.

I'm thinking that another option is to try to stay over Sunday night, or even Tuesday, instead of Wednesday night. When I look at availability, it seems to be pretty packed on Wednesday (looking at hotels directly), and not as much earlier in the week.

Wednesday is best, but we'll just have to see.

I bid again last night--up to $155 in 4* MTE, MTW, UM and was rejected, and I think up to $150 in the same areas for 3*.

I got the go ahead to bid up to $200, so have bid and been rejected 4* MTE, MTW and UM.

For 3* have bid and been rejected up to $175 for same zones.

I'm going to try to book a backup, and keep trying. At this point, I figure that more rooms might be released closer to the time we go.

Finally accepted!

I have been bidding, including MTS as well, up to 200 in 4* (MTS, UM, MTE, MTW) and still rejected.

I was able to get up to $195 (starting at 165) on the 3* today (all zones above), and was finally accepted for the

Millenium UN Plaza NY, MTE 3*

This location is not as good as expected, but I know that this was just downgraded from 4*, so that's good.

Also, I did get the add a night feature (which I didn't use, because we don't need it).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]