Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Doubletree Club

YD2020
By YD2020,
in

I will be in New York 5/27/06 through 5/30/06. I am bidding on a 3* in Jersey City.

1st bid $75 - Rejected

2nd bid $80 -Rejected

What do you think is the lowest I can get this for? I don't want to overbid, even though I can probably do up to $109 a night.

If I rezone, I'm afraid I'll end up in a dump. I would love to stay at either the Doubletree or Hyatt-Hudson.

Please advise.

• 2 weeks later...

1st Bid $75

2nd Bid $80

3rd Bid $85

4th Bid $90

5th Bid $95 - Accepted.

I kept going on priceline website daily and increasing the bid by increments of $5. I only wanted to stay in Jersey City, so I had to sit out the 24 hour waiting period to be able to bid on the same zone. This hotel is currently going for $160 a night. So I'm am happy with the 40% discount.

we visited NY three years ago during Fleet Week, it was fun. The lines to get on the ships are very long, but we paid admission to get on the Aircraft Carrier "Intrepid" and bypassed the lines. From the Intrepid, we could get onto at least two other ships that were docked next to each other.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]