Priceline Hotel: 05-May to 08-May: Busy in NY

Ava
By Ava,
in

Hi,

I'm new to priceline and this board. I was wondering if anyone knows if this weekend is very busy in NY? I've only seen one post about it but that was a few weeks ago...

I've seen a lot of people get 4* in NY for under 120 (the Hilton Times Square I think) but when I tried the following I was unsuccessful:

Rejected: $125, 5*, (MTE)

Rejected: $130, 5*, (MTE, MTW)

Rejected: $130, 4*, (MTE, MTW)

Rejected: $135, 4*, (MTE, MTW, WM-CPS)

Rejected: $140, 4*, (MTE, MTW, WM-CPS, MTS)

I then stopped to do more research and thought I'd ask the more experienced members here what my bidding strategy should be?

Ideally, I'd like to pay 125 but my max is 150. I have to go to meetings just south of Grand Central so I don't want to be located too far from midtown.

Thanks

Ava

Hi Ava,

I too have been trying priceline for these same dates (May 5-7). I have done so many bids now I've lost track. I've only been trying the 5* and 4* options to date. I have already bid up to $160, unsuccessfully.

I have a back-up at the Millennium Broadway Hotel, which I've never been to and I admit sounds a bit like a tourist trap. But a great deal for Superior Room for $189 (via travelzoo.com).

Hope this helps.

Pls keep me posted if you have any luck on Priceline.

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks all for your help. Turns out my employer will reimburse my stay (they weren't going to for awhile) so I decided not to pursue priceline further, this time.

I'll be staying at the Four Points Manhattan Chelesa, using my corporate rate of $233 / night.

thereuare: actually I've had that reservation for a while - even before I was ever introduced to your board but I'll keep your links in mind - it would be a lot easier though if you just had a starwood link.

There were many factors involved in my keeping the Four points reservation vs using Priceline, the key one being that I was beyond the cancellation timeframe (2 days notice) before I found out I would be reimbursed. This means I have to stay there tonight and I have no desire to move hotels.

I could perhaps see if I can hotwire part of my stay but I haven't researched hotwire enough to be comfortable that I was picking the four points.

Btw, I've stayed at the four points manhattan chelsea before and its not a bad hotel:

- the interior decorating is a lot cooler than the Sheraton Manhattan

- they have free wireless

- and if you want to get out of the Times Square trap and see other parts of NY, what better way to do it...

Thanks

Ava

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]