Priceline Hotel: 3* Somerset-Brunswick (Clinton-Lebanon) Holiday Inn Select

sage
By sage,
in

Tried for Courtyard in Clinton-Lebanon with 2.5* at $35. Failed. Priceline offered a hotel at $9 more. Offered $37 (has been accepted before on forum). Failed. Added Somerville-Bridgewater and offered $39. Failed.

Started a new session a couple hours later. Tried for 3* Marriott in Somerset-Piscataway. Offered $33 (has frequently been accepted before on forum). Failed. Lowered to 2.5* and increased to $36. Failed. Added Clinton-Lebanon and increased to $39. Accepted this time at Holiday Inn Select in Clinton.

Haven't seen this hotel on forum in a while, and have never stayed here. Checked chain website and lowest rate was $124. Good deal, looks decent according to Tripadvisor reviews.

"Tried for Courtyard in Clinton-Lebanon with 2.5* at $35. Failed. Priceline offered a hotel at $9 more. Offered $37 (has been accepted before on forum). Failed. Added Somerville-Bridgewater and offered $39. Failed."

My bad, should have read:

"Tried to offer $37 (only $2 more, has previously been accepted according to this forum). Site did not allow this bid to even be entered, gave like an input error message in red. Tried to offer $39 ($4 more). Again site did not allow less than its $9 to be entered. Added Somerville-Bridgewater and offered $37. Failed. Gave up for a while and played 9 holes (42 :) ) to gain insight for new strategy."

You're right about the deal - should be a great one, conditional on the actual experience when I stay there this week.

BTW, the Courtyard there, which often goes for $37 on Priceline, had lowest rate on its chain website at $154. Do you think the short-notice 2-day advance was the reason for neither it nor the Marriott Piscataway being accepted for their typical Priceline $ amount?

Do you think the short-notice 2-day advance was the reason for neither it nor the Marriott Piscataway being accepted for their typical Priceline $ amount?

I think you will see $33 wins on weekends (Friday-Sunday) but during the week it might take $45 or more to win. Your bid per day would have to be greater than the lowest "offer" ammount that the hotel would accept over your 5 day stay.

I stayed one night at Marriott Somerset 2 weeks ago for $33. I see another recent post (5/2) got it for $33. Better luck with fewer nights it seems.

Stayed at this Holiday Inn Select this week. Good experience, nice town, great bargain (see Reviews).

I stayed one night at Marriott Somerset 2 weeks ago for $33.
I missed the dates of your post, is it on the Hotwire section?
I see another recent post (5/2) got it for $33.
I'm familiar with that OP, but I believe he was running out of time and had to bid $45 for a same day stay

The Marriott in Somerset is truly a great bargain, and I've stayed there several times, but I contend that $33 will win on weekends but won't win during the week.

Ah, I see now that 'id1811xecj' is staying on a Sat night for $33.

I'll post my recent weekday (Thu night) $33 as a new post. I didn't post it before since my bidding didn't really show anything new...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]