Hotwire Hotel: Help identify 3.5* Midtown East

sylvaine
By sylvaine,
in

Thanks, thereuare. That will teach me to scan threads too quickly...

Given the inflation of hotel prices in NYC this year, the Doubletree Metropolitan for $154 looks like a decent value. Of course, I could try to get it through Priceline for $20 less but I'm always a bit concerned about bidding on 3* in Manhattan. Maybe I should try to get a 4* for around $150. Or simply book the Beekman Towel Hotel for $179...

The Beekman at this rate has a $25 cancellation fee.

I actually like the Midtown East area a lot because it is more quiet. I've stayed at other Affinia properties before (Eastgate Towers, Affinia Manhattan just as they had finished remodeling last July) and very much enjoyed the extra room. I usually spend my days at the Javits convention center and either use Show Shuttles or cabs to get there.

The Doubletree Metropolitan looks like a decent deal and would be a touch more convenient regarding Show Shuttles, but I don't mind walking a few blocks either.

I haven't stayed at the Beekman yet but I'm very curious about it. It would also give me the opportunity to explore the area along the East River.

Then again, a 4* for $150 would be fine; areas in order of preference would be Midtown East, Upper Midtown, Midtown South, Midtown West. I haven't tried bidding yet.

I believe that $179/nite rate is for a Studio Suite, and from the cancellation fee i'm assuming is thru Expedia, Hotels.com, or the like. This is what i would do...

Book a 1BR suite at the Beekman Tower (thru EasyClickTravel) for $188/nite. There is no booking fee so the price is just about the same, but more importantly, there is not cancellation fee if you do so at least 72 hours before check-in date.

This gives you a bigger room for the same price and also gives you the flexibility to see if you can later beat it with a 4* on Priceline.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I followed your advice and booked the Beekman through EasyClickTravel (I couldn't get to the Beekman by following your link but found it "off the record"). I also book my flight by accessing united.com through your Travel Links.

No luck on Priceline this weekend, though. I posted my results in the appropriate section.

I loved our stay at the Doubletree Metropolitan in September last year, won on PL. We were given a King sized room, and it was HUGE (for NY, and a big hotel room in any chain). The tripadvisor rating is not accurate in my opinion because apparently it was remodeled recently, so many of the lower ratings are from that time.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]