Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 3.5*s and 3* in Anaheim - Disney South

AztecWolverine
By AztecWolverine,
in

I need one room with three beds (one can be a sofabed) for Sat., 5/6/06. I asked Hotwire to explain what to expect with beds when doing a 4 Adult search vs. 2 Adult / 2 Children (17 & under), but they haven't replied. We have two parents, then one daughter and a male teenage friend, who would have the sofabed. We do NOT want two rooms! I tried researching packages with car, but I still couldn't ID the following:

ANAHEIM HOTWIRE HOTEL FOR 5/6/06 SAT (SEARCH FOR 4 ADULTS)

3.5-star hotel in Anaheim - Disneyland South

This distinctive establishment offers comfortable rooms, personal service and some upscale features.

Hotel Amenities :

Restaurant(s)

Pool(s)

Fitness Center-an additional charge may apply.

Business Center-an additional charge may apply.

Area details: Includes many Anaheim hotels, plus nearby Garden Grove and Orange options.

$107 per room per night 1Rooms: 1Nights:

PriceShown:$107.00 Rate per night: $107.00 Subtotal

Tax recovery charges and fees: $19.38

TotalPriceWithAddOns: $126.38 Total

23% savings -- Retail: $139.00 ---You save: $32. -- Prices are in US dollars.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEARCH FOR 2 ADULTS + 2 CHILDREN, 17 OR UNDER:

3.5-star hotel in Anaheim - Disneyland South BEST VALUE

This distinctive establishment offers comfortable rooms, personal service and some upscale features.

45% savings PricePerRoom: $77 per room per night You save: $62.00

Rate per night: : $77.00Subtotal:

Tax recovery charges and fees: $14.43

TotalPriceWithAddOns: $91.43 Total :

Hotel Amenities :

Suite--A guestroom designed for an extended stay and/or that more spacious than the average hotel room. Suites typically offer residential-style furnishings, as well as separate living and sleeping areas; some also offer kitchenettes.

Restaurant(s)

Pool(s)

Fitness Center

Kitchenette--Accommodations include a stovetop or microwave oven, a sink and a mini-refrigerator.

Business Center

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3-star hotel in Anaheim - Disneyland South

This midscale establishment offers more than just the basics in style, comfort and customer service.

Area details: Includes many Anaheim hotels, plus nearby Garden Grove and Orange options.

$95 per room per night

Subtotal: $95.00

Tax recovery charges and fees:: $20.25

TotalPriceWithAddOns: $115.25 Total :

Hotel Amenities :

Suite--A guestroom designed for an extended stay and/or that more spacious than the average hotel room. Suites typically offer residential-style furnishings, as well as separate living and sleeping areas; some also offer kitchenettes.

Complimentary Breakfast-<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Pool(s)

Fitness Center

Kitchenette-Accommodations include a stovetop or microwave oven, a sink and a mini-refrigerator.

High-speed Internet Access--an extra charge may apply

Children's Activity Program--Property offers supervised programs, events or activities for younger guests; an additional charge may apply.

Business Center--an additional charge may apply.

Laundry Facilities--<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

PACKAGE SEARCH = 4 ADULTS + 2 day rental car. DISNEYLAND, CA

Crowne Plaza Resort Anaheim - Garden Grove, CA 3.5-star hotel TOP PICK

1 room for 1 night and 2 day rental car.

PricePerPerson:$45 per person ---Total package price:$180 (all taxes and fees included)

Hotel features: Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Business Center, Laundry Facilities

PACKAGE SEARCH = 2 ADULTS-2 CHILD (17+ AGE) + 2 day rental car. DISNEYLAND, CA

Hyatt Regency Orange County 3.5-star hotel

1 room for 1 nights and 2 day rental car.

:$51 per person --Total package price::$204 (all taxes and fees included)

Hotel features:Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, High-speed Internet Access, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Business Center

FROM HOTWIRE:

Q: How many beds are in the lodgings?

A: All rooms booked on Hotwire will accommodate the appropriate number of guests in each room, based on the total number of guests you provided and the number of rooms you requested. While we cannot guarantee the number of beds in a property room, some properties may offer pull-out couches or cots. If you have specific needs, please contact the property directly. Our partners will do their best to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Additional beds ?

Please contact your hotel directly regarding extra beds in your room. At Hotwire, our hotel partners always provide rooms that will accommodate the number of guests requested during your search. Extra beds - including cots, rollaways and cribs - are based on availability, the hotel's discretion and fire safetyregulations. The hotel may charge an additional fee for any extra beds.

I WROTE THIS EMAIL NOTE TO HOTMAIL:

When a search is for 4 Adults, what can a customer expect in the way of beds, vs. for 2 Adults + 2 Children (17+)?

I did a search for South Disneyland and got suites when I had 2A + 2C, but no suites came up for the 4 Adults. Which request would yield more beds? We have two parents, and two teenagers who can not sleep together-M+F. Which request would insure that they would have separate beds? Search is for 5/6/06, South Disneyland Area.

If you can't ID these properties, can you suggest how I might go about doing it? Search for a package further out in the future, where there might be more availability? :)

3.5* Disneyland South

4 Adults

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business

3.5* Disneyland South "BEST VALUE"

2adults/2children

Amenities: Suite,Restaurant(s),Pool(s),Fitness,Kitchenette,Business

3* Disneyland South

2adults/2children

Amenities: Suite, Complimentary Breakfast,Pool(s),Fitness,Kitchenette,High-speed Internet Access,Children's Activity Program,Business,Laundry

If you can't ID these properties, can you suggest how I might go about doing it? Search for a package further out in the future, where there might be more availability?

I need one room with three beds (one can be a sofabed) for Sat., 5/6/06. We have two parents, then one daughter and a male teenage friend, who would have the sofabed. We do NOT want two rooms!

Thereuare asked, "Even if you get a 'suite' hotel with a pull-out couch... can you risk getting a room with only one 'real' bed in the room?"

A Hotwire rep assured me today on the phone that they would provide an adequate number of beds for the requested number of people, though he did confirm, as my results suggested, that they are more apt to provide suites when 2Ad/2Children are entered, rather than 4 adults. So it doesn't seem possible that they could provide a room with only one 'real' bed in the room, does it? I could picture them providing a one bed/2 bunkbeds scenario when 2 Children are included, and while that wouldn't be as good as 2 beds/1 Sofabed, it would be workable....He suggested calling Hotwire if there was any problem with the bed setup....Have you heard of this issue coming up before? What kinds of setups do people get when they input 4 Adults -- could they receive just 2 beds, without a sofabed??

So it doesn't seem possible that they could provide a room with only one 'real' bed in the room, does it?
It seems possible to me... a room with one King bed and one pullout sofa qualifies as accomodating four people... kids, adults, or a mixture of the two.

If you click the Embassy Suites link above and look at the room offerings, they do offer a room with only one King bed (and presumably a sofa-bed too)... they could give this room to a Hotwire customer who selected quad occupancy and be within their 'right' as there are enough sleeping accomodations for four (which is all they guarantee)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the replies, but has anyone been able to ID those 3 hotels? We might be willing to take our chances--even a rollaway would be OK, if absolutely necessary.

I had checked the Embassy Suites early on Thurs.--9 days out-- and got rates of $159/154 for 2 doubles, when 2Ad/2Ch were selected, and $199/193 when 4 adults were selected. But I couldn't find a room layout anywhere on their site to determine for sure if this was 2 beds in the bedroom and a sofabed in the living room (which would be OK). Does anyone know if any alternative sites would be good for seeing actual room layouts--Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, etc.?

Here is the point...

There are many different room layouts at the same hotel, do to the different number of beds each room has as well as corner rooms, next to airway shafts, elevators, hadnicapped accessible rooms, etc, etc.

You're not going to find every possible room layout on any website, and you could get a layout that is not shown on any website. Using the Embassy Suites example above you can select "2 Doubles" or "1 King" on the actual purchase/reservation page and then know that there will be a configuration that will suit your needs.

If i were to take guesses on the above, the first 3.5* may be the Crowne Plaza (not too sure), Hilton (non-suite), or Hyatt... but i'm not going ot research it further because i don't think the 'givens' present a very good scenario for your needs. The second 3.5* (Suite, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Kitchenette, Business) is a match for the Hilton Suites and that would be my best guess for that property (and if you were willing to take a risk, maye not be such a bad property to take a risk with). Not sure of the last property.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your reply, Thereuare. M go Blue! :)

The Embassy Suites gave a very short, vague description of their layouts, and no plot of them, other than a few photos in which you couln't even see the bedroom in a non-King set-up....My question about seeing room layouts is for future use, also. I just remember seeing some sites that make them available, but can't remember which ones. Do you?

I know Residence Inn usually has only 3 or so layouts, and I don't think they would give you a room with one double, and then only one sofabed, when you've requested lodging for 4. Is that really possible in your experience? The Hotwire operator didn't think so, but he could have been wrong....

And also for future use, how could I have figured out that the Hilton Suites was probably a match for the second 3.5*? Would you do a future package search where maybe availability was higher? Or are you searching your own web site for past searches and bids? Or do you just use your magical powers?

And did the match for the Hilton Suites include calling it a "Best Value" hotel, or is that not determinative?

This suite is for another family member. I'll leave it up to them to decide what to do. Meanwhile, I bid on a 3* Disney hotel, a regular room, and got the Hyatt Regency for 3 nights, $52/night + 27.33, for a total of $183.33. I will post it later today. I was expecting the Doubletree on City Drive, because it seems most people have been getting that, but got Hyatt instead. Have you ever heard whether there is off-street parking in the area, or a free lot that would work, to avoid their $14/day parking fee? The Hampton and Embassy Suites have free parking, but I don't know if it is regulated somehow.....For ex., the Fairfield Inn on Harbor started requiring passes on their guests' dashboards a few years ago....

BTW, did you hear about the last couple of weekends at Disneyland and CA? Due to a combo of factors, I think the most important being the approaching (& now over) end of the 2Fer special for SoCal residents, they not only closed the gates to Disneyland in the PM to all but hotel guests, and I think Premium Pass Holders, but they also were forced to close CA!!! They were begging people in line to go to Disney instead, even for the 2Fer people who had already used D for their tix. 70K at D, 35K at CA, and CA was totally unprepared, with not enough food available, etc. Gates also closed in the AM for D nearly every day between Thanksgiving and New Years. In Sum, people need to be aware of this, at least between now and the end of the 50th (Sept. or Oct.) and not waltz in at noon, expecting parking and admission!!!

My question about seeing room layouts is for future use, also. I just remember seeing some sites that make them available, but can't remember which ones
Expedia sometimes done, but they're not inclusive of all possible layouts and i'm fairly certain these are supplied by the hotels themselves, so not available for every property (and more likely only a few select properties)
I don't think they would give you a room with one double, and then only one sofabed, when you've requested lodging for 4. Is that really possible in your experience?
Yes, i do think it's possible. I don't think that Hotwire is looking at the composition of the group and making a determination of what room to give, they're looking at what the hotel put down as room capacity and comparing that to the number of occupants that you're searching for.
how could I have figured out that the Hilton Suites was probably a match for the second 3.5*?
It's in our Hotwire Hotel List although often they're not and we use a variety of different sources and techniques to figure them out.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]