Priceline Hotel: 2* Cadillac Days Inn

urso_polar
By urso_polar,
in

hello

date saturday night july 22-23

I will be bidding for 2.5 * & if rejected then for 2* hotels in traverse city.

since i have plenty of time, where do u suggest i start bidding for each * level ? & what is your best guestimate of what i will end up paying ? thanks mark

Starting from Savings Barn savingsbarn.com

i bid $60 for 2.5 star -

followed by

bid of $50 for 2 star

not accepted & no counter offer

I will continue bidding

3 questions

How can I know that priceline is getting the bids thru savings barn ?

I'd like to make sure that the appropriate credit is given...

I am considering bidding for 2 * Cadillac MI as another alternative.

How much cheaper should I make these bids than the 2 star traverse city bids?

if it's 15-20 dollars cheaper I'd be happy with cadillac.

Do u want me to update this thread every time I bid? or just a resume' once I get an winning bid or give up ... ?

thanks in advance

Mark

Cadillac is cheaper because it is inland & Traverse city is on the water, on a bay of Lake Michigan. Traverse City has more summer tourism activities whereas Cadillac is popular in the winter for nearby skiing & snow mobiling. From priceline, the Traverse City Days Inn is $169 & the Cadillac Days Inn is S109 for my dates for example.

regarding Savings Barn, just to be clear, once SB sends me to priceline, credit will be given even if I am making multiple bids during my priceline session ?

regarding updates to this thread , did u want an update everytime I bid, or a summary once I purchase something ?

thanks again

Yes, there should be 'persistence' when bidding multile times on the same bidding screen.

There is not always a correlation between 'retail' hotel prices from zone to zone and the lowest priceline accepted price. The price is only one factor involved, but competition from other hotels (participating with priceline) can also effect prices. So for example, a hotel in one area may have retail prices of $150 and discount a priceline rate of $60, while another hotel in a nearby zone with little priceline competition may have a retail rate of $110 but only discount that rated to $80.

I would follow the startegy above for Traverse City, and then once that area is completed try for Cadillac at a price of $15 less than your Traverse City bid (since this is the amount that would make it worthwile to you)

You can update this thread as you wish, but at least give us an update every 2-3 bidding cycles to keep us in the loop :)

Good Luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

MY unsuccessful bidding so far for july 29/30

through SavingsBarn.com

2* Cadillac $30

2.5* Traverse City $60

2* Traverse City $50

2* Cadillac $35

2.5* Traverse City $65

2* Traverse City $55

2* Cadillac $40

2.5* Traverse City $70

2* Traverse City $60

2* Cadillac $45

2.5* Traverse City $73

2* Traverse City $63

no counter bids offered

No, you are very observant... I am planning on visiting my nephew & niece at Interlochen. Since I started this thread, I've learned that visiting the following weekend would be better. I am also considering bidding for july 30/31 (Sunday night) since single Saturday night stays can be harder to get.

thanks

through savingsbarn.com

for sunday night july 30 in Cadillac MI

I bid 34 for a 1* but was denied

curious to see whether it would prompt a counter offer

I bid 50 for 2* in Cadillac

we were not able to find a hotel that would accept your price for $50 per room, per night. If you are willing to raise your price by $14

so I believe a 2* room can be had for a bid of $55-$60

I will continue bidding

Does anyone know which hotels would be 2* in Cadillac MI

thanks in advance

Mark

through savingsbarn.com

for sunday night july 30 in Cadillac MI

I bid 39 for a 1* but was denied

denied

I bid 52 for 2* in Cadillac

we were not able to find a hotel that would accept your price for $52 per room, per night. If you are willing to raise your price by $15

will continue bidding

thru savingsbarn.com (plug :) )

Days Inn Cadillac - accepted

Check-In Date: Sunday, July 30, 2006

Check-Out Date: Monday, July 31, 2006

Your Offer Price: $54.00

Extend Your Stay

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $54.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$12.33

Total Charges: $66.33

I'll write a review afterwards

Glad you finally wore them out :)

Seriously, nice to see your patience and persistence pay off! I'm assuming correctly that this property is 2* rated by Priceline?

Thank you for adding this property to our lists and for starting your bids with the links at SavingsBarn.com

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

Bid Too Early ?

At 7:00 AM before driving to the hotel, I called the hotel to inquire about an early arrival (11 am). I was told that they only had 7 reservations for that upcoming night. During the night (3 am) I looked out at the parking to see no more than a dozen cars. Since the hotel has 60 rooms & my rate of $54 wasn't much lower than the hotels web site's internet rate of $64, it makes me think that I booked too early (2.5 months prior to the stay) to get a significant discount. Next time, I won't be in such a rush to book.

regards & thanks better bidding

Not necessarily... some hotels are willing to participate with the opaque suppliers but don't discount very much, if it all... especially in rural and non-metropolitan areas where there is little competition from other hotels. In this instance your rate was approximately 15% off of the best non-opaque rate, which some properties consider is enough of a discount (and also explains the hotel having such low occupancy). It is possible that this property simply doesn't discount their rates too much, regardless of occupancy levels.

For a more indepth discussion of "when to bid" see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]