Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Chicago (Airport OHare ORD) Radisson

astros fan
By astros fan,
in

We are going to be doing several things. Some in Chicago and some west of there. I know we will also rent a car. I have been looking at the airport area, because it is kind of in the middle of everything we are doing. I'm not sure about the safety there.

The prices listed don't seem too bad, but I can't get a bite on Priceline. We are not fancy so a 2.5* would do if the area is not bad. I'm not even sure where I should start the bidding. We are spending 3 days so, I would like to stay around the $75 max range if possible.

Based on your itinerary and budget, the O'Hare Airport area is probably your best choice. Your hotel will probably have free or cheap parking (unless you happen to get the Hilton within the airport) and maybe a shuttle to the airport. You can catch the train into the city from the airport. The O'Hare area is very safe (fairly wealthy suburbs). Unfortunately I don't have time right now to suggest a strategy, but I'm sure someone else can.

Good luck!

I would really like to stay near the airport (O'Hare) and would be okay with NMA.

I am bidding for the O'Hare area, and used NMA to get other bids in.

Bid $50 at a 3*

Bid $55 by adding NMA

Bid $60 by adding Greater Chicago

Bid $62 by adding 2.5*

There is at least one hotel listed for $107. Not sure why things aren't working out. Do you need more info to help.

Thanks.

Based on your itinerary and budget, the O'Hare Airport area is probably your best choice. Your hotel will probably have free or cheap parking (unless you happen to get the Hilton within the airport) and maybe a shuttle to the airport.

Ehhh..... MOST of the hotels in the ORD zone charge a fair amount for parking. Go farther out to Elk Grove or Schaumburg and it'll be free, though.

The L takes 45 minutes or so from the ORD station to downtown. That doesn't count getting to the station and waiting for the train to leave. Also, slowdowns for track work are very common late at night and on weekends. If you get the 4* ORD Hyatt you can walk to the Rosemont L station, otherwise you're probably better off taking the hotel's shuttle to ORD and taking the L from there. You may also wish to investigate using the CTA parking garage at Cumberland and taking the L in from there.

If possible, you may want to consider staying downtown for a couple days, then out in the suburbs for a couple days doing your suburban things.

As for June 22-25... I think that's when we're scheduled to have our week of perfect weather.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]