Priceline Hotel: 4* San Jose (Sunnyvale-Santa Clara) Hilton Santa Clara

Fragmire
By Fragmire,
in

I've been trying for the past three weeks to get a 4* hotel in the Sunnyvale / Santa Clara zone in the San Jose region. I've gone crazy to the point where I included all the zones in a $100/night bid, but still received nothing. I saw a few wins for this type of bid for April and the beginning of May at $50 ~ $65, and have verified on the Hyatt and Hilton (the only two 4* in the zone) websites that there is no significant price difference between the dates I want and the very beginning of May.

Any idea?

Done.

I would really like to pay less than $350 total for the stay, but am willing to spend up to $500. Backup plan would be to fall back onto a 3*, but I would really like to avoid that.

I'll give the bid splitting post a read and see what I can do. I will also check out Hotwire (for the first time!). In the mean time, any other suggestion is greatly appreciated :)

I decided to split the bid, and this is what I got so far:

Hilton Santa Clara (4*)

San Jose (Sunnyvale - Santa Clara)

Check-In: Sat, May 13, 2006

Check-Out: Mon, May 15, 2006

Your Offer Price: $50.00 (got this on first bid)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $100.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $19.84

Total Charges: $119.84

Still need to find a place for May 15 ~ 18. Have tried up to $80 with all zones included to no avail.

Earlier you were bidding 100/night for 5 nights. Now you have 2 nights at 50 so you should be able to go 133 per night for the other 3 and still be at the same spot. More than likely you'll have to flip hotels, but sometimes that can be neat to check out different ones. I like to stay at least 2 nights if I'm on vacation because it takes up so much time packing, moving , checking out and back in.

Anything on hotwire? Also, consider dropping to a 3*. I've had good experiences with downtown 3* properties. Check to see which have been coming up in that area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]