Your Offer Price: $51.00

Extend Your Stay

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $153.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$30.87

Total Charges: $183.87

The best price I could get for that period and that star level. The highest rejected bid was $50.

all 3*'s in the Newark zone charge for parking, the Doubletree charges $12 and the Marriott is $20. Unless you are registered at the Hampton there is a daily charge for parking.

Paying for parking is one of my biggest pet peeves and I always try to get the 2.5* Country Inn and Suites in Elizabeth with free parking, free breakfast and free WiFi; this is worth about $25-30 a day. BTW, the 2* Ramada does not charge for parking or High Speed internet.

If I knew this, I would bid for a 2* hotel. Anyway I should not complain more, it is the cheapeast after all.

I used to stay at Hyatt Regency in Disneyland area in LA twice. They also charge parking fee. I parked my car in other hotels' parking lots easily, because there was no barrier :) . I wonder if it will be the same case for Hampton inn. I could not find a barrier on the satellite map. :)

I don't think the Google map is that detailed :) But, they charge $7.00 to park for non guests so they must have some kind of means to collect parking fees.

PS., I'm a big fan of The Spanish Tavern in the Ironbound section of Newark, if you don't feel like driving, they have a free shuttle bus to pick you up at your hotel, so enjoy an extra glass of wine and go for the rack of lamb :)

I use Google Earth(not google map). It's a software. It can give you very detailed satellite map. If you are interested, you may download it at earth.google.com

Actually I did see a barrier at the entrance of the parking lots surrouding Hampton inn(at the way out). But there is also a large parking lot between Hampton inn and Hilton, and I saw no barrier. So I suppose this is the "free" parking lot of Hampton inn(not hilton's), because the entance is towards Hampton.

And this makes some sense, because I really notice a very interesting phenomenon, that is, a lot of cars are parked near Hilton and nearly all places are occupied, while the side near Hampton still has a lot of vacant places. :)

Anyway, I will check it out during my stay. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]