Priceline Hotel: Clarification for a priceline virgin!

julesbabe
By julesbabe,
in

Think I have my strategy fairly well sorted out, in my head anyway, but just wanted some clarification from the experts.

I am planning 7 nights, 4*, in NY, from the 30th Oct, MTE is my preferred zone (because I would love to get the Waldorf, although I know thats not how this works, and because I would be happy with any of the other four stars in that zone) and I know to add zones that don't have four stars for my rebids.

Planning to start about $120 but considering not going above $180 until much closer the time and having a cancellable hotel booked just in case.

Also I see that everyone else seems to want 4 stars in MTW, I have only been to NY once before so I'm not familiar with the layout, someone mentioned it's to be close to theatres which doesn't bother me, but is there something else I should know??

Thanks in advance!

As a visitor myself, I think some people think MTW is "the best" because it is closest to Times Square. But after you've made a couple trips to the city you realize how accessible everything is. I personally like any 4* hotel in MTE, MTW and UM/CPS, unless I am only going for downtown activities.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]