$45 3* DT denied

added North $50 denied

added Shepardsville $55 denied

added SW $60 denied

at that point I decided to try for 2.5 * so I started over

$50 2.5 DT denied

added Shepardsville $60 denied

added North $65 denied

It really doesn't matter whether I get 3 or 2.5* I'd be willing to pay up to $100 for 3* or $80 for a 2.5 for this stay. The 3*'s I found were around $190 and the 2.5's were just over $100.

Any help would be appreciated

Jon

I'm unclear of why you chose the zones you did. If those are the ones you're willing to stay in, you have additional opportunities for free re-bidding using other zones that have no 3* hotels. Please read this article about free re-bids and also refer to this picture for clarification.

Most of the wins in Louisville are in the East zone. Does that not work for you? Which zones are you actually interested in?

Well, I'd say the fact that your bids were rejected is saying you're too low. :)

I went back and re-read what you did and you apparently did pick the right zones. Don't know what I was looking at before. My apologies.

Over at hotwire there is a 4* downtown listed for under $100 right now. Either you could take that, or look at that as a maximum and keep inching up your priceline bids. You could also look at that as a sign there's inventory open and wait a little longer to see if any of the downtown properties lowers prices. What do you think? You still do have some time.

Thanks for the headsup on Hotwire....I'll check it out. I need to do some research on the areas though. All I know is we want to be near Churchill Downs butI am not sure of the proximity of the other areas. It may not be a big difference in cab fair. I'll be back once I have a better idea of what I am looking for.

Thanks! Jon

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]