Priceline Hotel: Bowling Green, KY Fri 4/28 1 night 2.5 or 2 *

Kajunswty
By Kajunswty,
in

I bid yesterday afternoon and was unsuccessful on my first try. I think I cna try again in 24 hours. ??

I want to stay along the interstate in route to Louisville so Bowling Green looks to be the best option.

Here's what I bid

2.5* $40 rejected

added 2* $50 rejected

The lowest rate I've found was around $80 so I am willing to bid up to $60 on the room. Any higher and I'd rather pick the hotel.

I also bid for Lousiville but I will post that seperately. Any help would be appreciated

Jon

Well, actually our first plan was Nashville but there is something going on there too. Nashville would have been about 8 hour drive and Bowling Green was another 1 1/2 I guess as a last resort we could just drive into Louisville but that is around 11 hours. I may have to go back to the drawing board :)

just checking in....

we decided we'd rather stay in (around) Nashville but I was not able to win a room tonight. I have more rebids but it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

here's what I did (probably need to move this post over to the TN boards)

Brentwood 2.5 $50 denied

added North $55 denied

added Antioch $60 denied

I really don't want to spend more than $60 on our first night. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'll get lucky. I still have over two weeks.

Thanks for all your help! I will keep the Candlewood Suites in mind but I don't have an Entertainment Book

Keep in mind that you can have the Entertainment Book for Nashville shipped to you for $12.50 plus $2.50 shipping ($15 total) using the link in this post. If you figure the $52 rate at the Candlewood plus $15 for the book minus a conservative $5 in priceline fees, it's roughly equivalent to a $62 bid. Plus you get a book with buy-one-get-one-free coupons for dinner, so you'd probably save $10 that way.

Just a thought. If you want to keep bidding, we'll support you in that. :)

What * ratings are you bidding?

The Candlewood we talked about previously is a 2* and is listed in priceline's regular interface as a $59 rate. Didn't notice that before. So if you haven't bid Brentwood at 2* you may want to look at all the properties available. Personally I would be pretty comfortable at the 2* level there. None of the possibilities seems particularly bad.

Can you give details of the maximum bid in each * rating you've tried in these locations? Based on that we can figure out what your best strategy going forward is. Depending on your quality tolerance, there are some direct booking options in the $50's you might want to consider.

I couldn't decide what to do with this stop...so I checked my Hilton points I was able to book the Fraklin KY Hampton Inn with my Hilton points. It was a "bargain" at 7,500 points so I am finally set for the first stop. Sorry I have been such a pain with this!

Since I have so much time before this trip with several different city stays I will do one part at a time so I do frustrate you too much :) :o ...on to the Lousiville stay :) and I will definately use the link provided to bid Thanks in advance, Jon

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]