Accor has great deals in Berlin

WillTravel
By WillTravel,
in

My daughter and I are going to Scotland and Berlin in late August.

Last time I went to Berlin, I used Priceline and got the Westin Grand, which is great. However, that seems much less likely now, and the East zone is huge. So I checked the Accor.com site and quickly found several (and perhaps more) 3* and 4* hotels that are offering prepaid rates of 40-60 Euros per night for my dates. These are located in Priceline's Tiergarten/K-damm and East zones. The hotels I looked at had great reviews.

Of course if I do go through Accor, I'll use the Betterbidding Support Page

• 1 year later...

We're staying here again (in August 2007). Our August 2006 stay was very nice. This convenient hotel had a prepaid rate of 59 Euros per night for our upcoming stay August 20-24. I thought of buying that, but I thought I might get a better deal.

And it turns out I did. Through the web site hotel.de (a German site, which seems different than the Hotels.com site, I found the following deal for this same hotel, for a double room for two people:

66.50 Euros per night

Includes breakfast (which is very good indeed)

Includes a 1-day transit ticket for each person

Includes a welcome drink

And fully cancellable!

The Accor site has a best rate guarantee, but with so many provisos that I doubt I could claim it, in particular because this exact deal is not shown on the Accor web site.

So I still recommend checking the Accor site (and booking through the Support page link), but it's also possible you might find a better deal elsewhere.

I had also found a cancellable rate of 63 Euros per night for Mercure Checkpoint Charlie through Booking.com - which is excellent for a centrally located 4* hotel. Again this rate wasn't available through the Accor site.

For Berlin, I once again recommend checking all non-Priceline sources carefully before bidding because so many great deals are available.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]