DEN-BKK May-Aug/or DEN-DEL May-July

ksboulder
By ksboulder,
in

Hi there fellow Newbie,

If I do Den-Del then my outbound flight will be in mid-May and my return in early Aug.

If I do Den-Bkk then my outbound flight will be in mid May and my return in late July.

-------------

I *have* to be in India from mid May thru end of August.

I was considering/hoping to add a trip to Bangkok/Koh Samui at the end of the India Journey.

My REAL wish is

DEN-DEL mid May

DEL-BKK July 24th-ish

BKK-Koh Samui July 24th-ish

Koh Samui-BKK Aug 2-ish

BKK-DEN Aug 5th-ish

The dates are flexible a day or two in either direction.

I was considering just going to Bangkok annd looking for a cheap return trip on to Dehli and purchasing each leg sperately but a friend who tried the same says fares BKK-DEL have rises sharply.

-------------

A site called 'just fares' offered me a good deal for the whole shabang-about 1800 incl taxes but they have some pretty lousy reviews on other sites so I'm not sure if they are reliable.

I'd really appreciate any feedback about 'just fares' OR any other tips on how to do this and get a great deal!

Thank you!

Priceline is probably not the way to go with this.

Anything less than four digits is going to be a VERY good deal. That is, impossible. The cheapest US-BKK fares tend to have six-day minimums and 30-day maximums for Mon-Thu departures in late fall (Oct-Dec). These tend to run $700-800 from the west coast nowadays. DEL is higher.

I'm bored today, so just for fun I checked on UA award availability on DEN-BKK. I'm a bit confused by when you want to be where, but for saver coach I only found one available outbound date (May 20) and no return dates. For saver business class I found nothing in either direction.

Fares on UA run as low as $1130 or so (I tried May 16-Aug 7). This is a Q fare so it is upgradable with UA SWUs if you can find some. You might find it for a litle less than that, but not by much. I think that's an excellent fare for those dates, in fact.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]