Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (UM/CPS) Drake Swissotel

giadav
By giadav,
in

I'm trying to bid on a 4* Hotel for midtown. 1 night 4/29. I used a strategy that was posted for someone else because it seemed reasonable to me. Started at $120 adding re-bid zones and ending at $180 trying the 9 different combinations that were posted...all rejected. That was yesterday.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Lots of hotels already sold-out for this date.

How about a 1BR suite at the Beekman Tower for $188/nite? The reviews are very good and it's cancellable up until 72 hours before your check-in date, so at the very least, i would book it as a back-up.

Does that work well for you?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes it's a bit east but...

1) it's not terribly out of the way... under 10 minutes to the subway or a bus right near the hotel which can take you to the subway or your final destination in NYC

2) to be more 'central' you could easily take a taxi for $5-$6... add one or two roundtrips ($10-$20) to the hotel stay and it's a still a very good deal

3) some prefer to be "busy" during the day and have quiet to come back to at nite... street noise shouldn't be as much of an issue as it is elsewhere in the city

4) the rooms size (a 1BR suite with kitchen) is a nice luxury

As you say "beggars can't be choosers"... do you find a better value for these dates?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No, I can't, thats the reason for that statement. Is this just going to be a very difficult weekend for some reason?? I will post for my NY trip as soon as my plans are firm.but it looks like I will be staying Midtown on the dates 04/27-04/30 so I've been watching these posts carefully. I may also choose the Beekman as a backup if my Priceline plans don't work out...

As always, I enjoy the discussion!!

Finally!!!! After lots of combinations and starting at $120 and working up...The Swissotel New York accepted $195.

Like I said, I did so many combinations but this was how I won.

MTW and UM/CPS

bid $190 rejected added re-bid zone

bid $195 accepted

$235.15 with tax

It was alittle more than what I wanted to spend, but I happy with the Hotel and glad I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Thanks for your help. I used savingsbarn

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]