Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Newark (Elizabeth) Courtyard

blkjck1
By blkjck1,
in

Well, here's a lesson on making sure you pay attention to small details when you are doing a re-bid. I originally bid for a 3* in Jersey City but was rejected for a full one week stay (May 13-20), but managed to get two blocks of 2 days at the Doubletree Club for May 13th-15th, and May 18-20th for $75 per night. After I was originally rejected trying to fill out the other 3 days for $125, I added the Elizabeth re-bid zone after upping my bid to $130, and got no luck there. I then dropped the price and star level thinking I might get the Courtyard in Jersey City (next to the PATH station), but forgot that I had added another area, so I wound up with a hotel room for 3 nights that may still work out, but I likely overpaid.

Courtyard By Marriott Newark Elizabeth

87 Glimcher Realty Way

Elizabeth, New Jersey 07201

Your Offer Price: $100.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $300.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $54.86

Total Charges: $354.86

I would like to thank thereuare for his suggestions in his PMs on how this error on my part might still work. His knowledge of the local area was immensely helpful, and has helped mollify my wife somewhat.

Final tally for 7 days in New Jersey instead of Manhattan was $600 ($708 all-in). Don't forget to use the savingsbarn.com website to link to PRICELINE. Since I would have paid $1208 plus taxes in New Jersey (or close to $1600 in Manhattan for maybe comparable accomodations), I will also be making a donation via Paypal, and encourage you all to do the same.

Proud to be Canadian!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]