Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (Downtownw) Radisson Warwick

dibs
By dibs,
in

Looking for some advice on at what price I should begin bidding for the following stay:

Philadelphia

Downtown Zone

May 23rd

1 night

2 adults

Prefer 4*

Would like to spend ~$125 or so, is this reasonable? I checked hotwire.com and they did have a 4* in the historic district for $204 (restuarant, fitness center, pool, business center) which I would guess is the Hyatt.

Maybe too close to Memorial Day Weekend for a good deal?

If I was to reduce * preference to 3*, what price would you think for this?

Thanks for all the help! Great website!

At the 4* level you have seven re-bid zones available, at the 3* only two. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

For a 4* i would bid as a follows:

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone6...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone7...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $125.

If the above is rejected what is your maximum bid for a 3*?

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us knowhow it goes.

PS- rates are high for these dates, if you don't already have a back-up reservation you can book the Crowne Plaza for $132/nite (no booking fee so just about the same rate as a $125 bid)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just gave it a try. No luck but only tried up to $100 for now. I want to try more until I give in to the higher rate.

Question - the link you provided to the Crown Plaza below, it was for easyclicktravel.com. I am not familiar w/ their "Off the Record" prices. Are they like priceline.com? Do you bid opaquely and then your credit card is charged? Or is the room cancelable?

Thanks.

here is the cancellation policy of EasyClickTravel Travel:

Our hotel cancellation policy is 72 hours before check-in with the exception of the Disney hotels that have a 5 day (prior to check-in) cancellation policy and National Parks that have a 21-day (prior to check-in) cancellation policy. Cancellations that are requested after the cancellation periods herein are subject to penalty fees equal to the entire amount of the booking.

you can reveal the identity of "off the record" properties by checking Reverse Easy Click tool

After 4 days of trying for a 4* with no luck and bids up to $140, I decided to try for a 3* and won!

Radisson Warwick Philadelphia

Downtown Philadelphia

1701 Locust Street

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103

215 735-6000

Check-In Date: Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Check-Out Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Your Offer Price: $95.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $95.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $21.34

Total Charges: $116.34

Lowest published rate was $199/night ($233 w/ tax). Over 50% off!

I was offered to extend my stay. Appears to be a new one for your list! I'm a happy camper (I was scared I was going to get the Wyndam which has terrible reviews).

Thanks for all your help and I did use savingsbarn.com.

Congratulations on your success... seems like some nice savings!

Was this your first bid in the zone or were you rejected for a 3* at lower levels prior to this (if so, do you recall the amount of your previously rejected bid)

Thank you for posting and for starting your bids with the links at SavingsBarn.com

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Since there are only 2 rebid zones in the 3* level, I started at $75 and was rejected. Added rebid zone and bid $85, rejected. Added last zone and $95, accepted.

Howire did have a 3.5* in the DT zone for $107 so I used this as my basis.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]