Priceline Hotel: 3* Syracuse (Syracuse University)

irish6004
By irish6004,
in

I'm baffled by this. The Wyndham (foprmerly a Marriott) at Carrier Circle Rte 298 used to come up quite predictably at about $50 - $55 but that was a couple years ago. Since then a Hilton Garden Inn opened near them and Wyndham did a complete overhaul of the rooms including new beds etc. (sorely needed as my sore back can attest to).

I think you might try again and start at $50 then move up. I don't know if the new Marx Hotel at the edge of downtown is doing PL but if so it's a good choice - free parking, close to lots of the better restaurants and very classy place. But you could also end up with the University Sheraton if bidding for that zone and In knwo nothing about the current state of that property.

And if you get to the point of having to pay $75 or so for a non PL or HW choice check out the new Parkview Hotel - next door to the Marx. It's an independent place operated by the owner of the Genesee Grande. I have heard very good reports about it and the tripadvisor reviews are uniformly positive (apart from one that was posted when they had first opened in July 2005 and were having a few teething problems)

Tripadvisor Parkview Hotel

I checked local events calendars and don't find any major events in town - have you checked Expedia or others to see what availability is like that weekend?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]