Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MTE) Roosevelt Hotel

fourholesn1
By fourholesn1,
in

I am trying to win a 4* room in MTE, MTW, or MT-CPS for 4/15 - 4/22. I have tried bidding up to $170 using various combinations of dates to split the bid but no luck. I've been using UES and UWS for rebidding. I am currently booked in the Milford via Expedia for $162 plus tax but I am not happy with that property or price. My questions:

1) What are the best dates to split this bid? I tried splitting it in the middle already but was wondering if there is a particular day that is likely causing the problem? If it was one day I could bid the 2 stays on either side of that day and then just straight book the offending day at one of the two properties won.

2) Is this situation likely to improve if I am patient for a few weeks?

3) Would I have better luck adding 3* to my bid? Am I likely to improve on the Milford if I do that?

Thanks for any advice/strategies, this site has already been very useful, awesome site!

Your leg days (15th and 21st) are the least expensive of the period, but i dont' think that is so much of an issue.

We can suggest a strategy for 4/15-4/21 and/or 4/16-4/22 (not sure if you've tried this combination alread and/or if you'd want to try 4/16-4/21 to try and save money, but could involve having to change hotels 3 times).

Whether inventory will change in the next few days is tough to say as it all depends upon how actual demand comes in relative to expected demand, but i wouldn't advise sitting on this as the stay really isn't too far away. I think hotels have a very good idea of their occupancy levels inside of 3 weeks, and although they could get a big flurry of cancellations, i would think that inside of three weeks this is not typcially the case.

I don't think you are too far from a win for the complete stay if you're willing to raise your bid a bit more. Whether you do that or lower to a 3* is one of personal preference, and i don't know what type of hotels (ie- class) you are accustomed to staying in.

Let us know your thoughts on the above and we'll advise accordingly from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think I'd be willing to go up a little more to get a 4*, maybe $185. My current total price for the Milford is $1,342.34 and I'd like to stay in that range for the total...would be willing to go up to $1500 total. Most of the 3* hotels listed as Priceline hotels look good and better than Milford so that is certainly an option but I'd want to keep that down to more like $160/night if possible. I think I'd only be willing to change hotels once although the main thing is to get out of the Milford and into something nicer, whatever that takes. This is the first vacation my girlfriend and I have taken together so need to make it special and memorable. BTW....we're not staying on the 22nd, would check out that morning so really just need a room for the nights of 4/15 - 4/21, 7 days. Thanks!

This is how i would bid after 24 hours from your previously rejected bid.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTW and MTE...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $183, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185.

I would try the above cycle for your complete stay, 4/15-4/22, then repeat in the following date order:

4/15-4/21

4/16-4/22

4/15-4/20

4/17-4/22

4/15-4/19

4/18-4/22

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I ended up following the recommended bidding for a 4* exactly including breaking up the trip into 2 hotels. I also tried dropping the first and last days. No luck with any of that. So then I tried the same stradegy again with 3* except dropping the middle bid and reducing all prices by $20. I won the Roosevelt for the first 6 days with a bid of $165. I then bid and won the Grand Hyatt for the last night for $180 which works out well as that is the night we have scheduled for Don Giovanni and eating at Ruth's Chris which is close to the Hyatt. So it worked out well, went from the Milford Plaza to the Roosevelt and Hyatt for about the same price. Thanks so much for the help!

Glad you got it taken care of.

Can you please add another post as a NEW TOPIC to reflect your Grand Hyatt win... this will enable us to stick with the board's format of one win per thread and reflect the win of each in the topic title so that other scanning the forum titles will see the Grand Hyatt win too.

Enjoy NYC.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]