Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency on the Hudson

br0ckr
By br0ckr,
in

Jersey City is certainly the most convenient.

Another user raves about New Brunswick (i think) and taking the NJ Transit train, but i don't recommend that as the train ride is about an hour, making it a bit inconvenient.

You could start to consider the area around the Meadowlands as most hotels are convenient to a bus stop which should only be a 20-30 minute ride into the city, but you do run the risk of landing a hotel that is not very convenient to a bus.

You really haven't said what your budget it is so it's hard to advise... could/would you bid over $100?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 3* level in Jersey City you have one re-bid zone available.

Since splitting your bid is ok, I would bid the following for the last nite of your stay:

Select 3* Jersey City...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65.

Then for the other two nites you'll probably have to move outside of the JC area, but there is probably a NYC hotel available for the low $100's, which may be an option if you can stretch your budget.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hyatt Jersey City

First bid $80 for dates 4/7/06 - 4/9/06 and got it. Then they told me I could extend my stay by 2 nights before or after but not both... that was perfect because I was splitting my bid and I was arriving on 4-5-06 my total was $495 for 4 nights... I'm happy with that price. Thanks for all the help from this site...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]