Priceline Hotel: Bidding Assistance 4* NYC MT(E or W)

flipside94
By flipside94,
in

Hello everybody,

I was just asking for bidding assistance for these dates and these selected areas!

I noticed a price change on Hotwire from this morning :)

Also I will just being going with my wife for leisure...and want to be in walking distance of all the touristy things (such as shopping, tourist attractions). It seems that MTE & MTW are the popular places because of their proximiy (correct me if I'm wrong)

thankyou in advance

An FYI:

3/25-3/26, 4* at $145 with all zones selected was rejected. Initially nothing came back and I got this message:

"In most cases, we'll be able to tell you whether or not you got your hotel room within 15 minutes. We're still working on your hotel room request, and should have an answer for you soon. You can also get your answer at any time by clicking on the "Check Your Requests" button at the top of the priceline.com home page.

Please wait several minutes and click the "Check My Offer Status" button to see if we have an answer for you. While you are waiting you can also claim your Special Offer for your request today!"

atb

You are aware you may win another hotel??

Yes, very aware. I just want another room in the city.

Thereuare thankyou again for responding to this message and the prior Hawaii message...

my max bid right now would be $150 maybe $160 do you think this is possible?

We were also talking about going to Washington DC for about 2 days, but know that car rental is tough d/t parking in New York...So I don't know if we rent a car then go to DC then come back to New York to fly out of JFK (anybody from the area w/ experience...is this even practical)

thankyou

Depending upon your tolerance for 'college kids yapping away their unlimited minutes on cell phones' you can take the 'chinatown busses' from NYC-->DC-->NYC. They leave and arrive in Chinatown of each city, the perk is that they're very cheap, ~$35/roundtrip ($20 ow) so that could be an option to get to DC (greyhound/peter pan lines has similar pricing with advanced purchase). Renting a car is probably the least advisable way to go (for me at least)... flying, train, greyhound bus are other options.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is DC in addition to the above dates or you'd be staying in DC for some of the dates above? I thought it was part of the above stay so i was waiting to see if/when you'd heading to DC so we would know the actual dates you'd be using for NYC.

Perhaps that's not the case... let us know the actual dates (if already known) and then we'll suggest a strategy as well as comment if your maximum bid is realistic.

I'd also add that UM/CPS is often bid as well... it's cetnrally located enough, plenty fo subway lines around, and gives you more bidding opportunities (it's not often won as MTE and MTW are often cheaper, but i wouldn't include it unless you were also willing to stay there... the only downside of the area is that things in the immediate area (including cans of soda from the corner store and such, are a bit more expensive than elsewhere in the city))

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

....ohhh sorry

DC would be included in the dates given. So our actual stay in New York would be 3/29-3/31 then either 2 days in DC, but the New York dates are pretty much set...

As far as location I think anywhere midtown would be sufficient, as we would not want to take the subway too much as we plan on doing stuff @ night also... and have heard stories about the subway later @ night (don't know if this is true or not...that is why we would want to stay within walking distance (or quick cab ride)

thanks

But you still may stay in NYC for all four days?

If so, you're willing to split your stay between two different hotels? (or hope that Priceline can get you additional inventory using the 'extend your stay' option)

If you'd rather not change hotels i'd figure out first if you'll be heading to DC and then try your bids.

Let us know.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]