Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USE) Hilton Financial District

IBDP
By IBDP,
in

bids of $80.00 and 85.00 were rejected for Union Square East and Embarcadero. Raised to $95.00 and got this hotel, which was a surprise, as I had expected something closer to the convention center. I did learn that it has been completely renovated as of the end of January, so maybe it will be fine. BTW, this hotel is not yet listed in "Priceline Hotels".

I reported this win (first time) several weeks ago. It has the appearance of new renovations

and my stay was excellent. Be aware, the "hotel garage" charges $42.00 per day for parking,

no in/out allowed. We found on-street parking for the rental car but read the signage very

carefully as San Francisco cleans their streets daily (or so it seems) so they have signs posted

as to which days of the week they clean (and it is different for each "side" of the street...)

go figure???? Anyway, after 7PM they don't check the meters and you have to have your

car out of there by 7 AM. There is also a public parking garage directly across the street

from the lobby of the HILTON and is only max of $25.00 per day so you can mix the kabuki

dance of meter parking with the garage accross the street. By the way, I was on the 11th floor

and heard everything on the street from "Taxi whistles" to folks throwing trash in dumpsters

at all hours. Try to get a room as high as possible to avoid the street noise. PS... 1/2 block to the left looking out of the lobby and across the street is a ZAGAT rated, excellent, Chinese restaurant

oddly named R&G Lounge. Waited 45 minutes for a table..... AND IT WAS WORTH IT!!!!

Let everyone know how your stay goes... Aloha, Keoni :)

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]