DC Hilton Capitol Hill Downtown

fozman68
By fozman68,
in

Just back from my trip to D.C. Let me say, that the Capitol Hilton, was Perfect. from the Valet parking ($28) to the Bell Captain, to check in, everything was great. The room was good also. Got the room right next to the elevators, and according to the emergency exit card on the back of our door, we had the smallest room. (this is the second time this has happened, strarting to wonder if it because of priceline), although their smallest room was pretty big. King size bed, white down comforter, plenty of pillows, and very comfortable. $85.00 was my first bid, and accepted bid. Not sure if that would be accepted for the summer months, but I plan on trying. THanks again to BetterBidding! this site is the best! Ken

• 1 month later...

We stayed 12/29/05 for one night (review a tad overdue). We arrived around noon and while I did not expect to be checked in so early I checked with the front desk anyway. I figured we could just check our bags and sightsee until check-in time. The woman told us that early check-in depends on the type of reservation we had. I figured I didn't have a shot with a priceline reservation. I was wrong. I did not ask for a specific type of room since we were only there for one night and only planned on being in the hotel to sleep. I was pleasantly surprised to be given a high-level room with a view. The hotel is perpendicular to the white house so only a few rooms have a view of the white house. We were given one of those rooms!!! The hotel is just two blocks from the white house and two blocks from a metro stop. The room itself was very nice. I walked in and said "this room would be perfect if it weren't for the stain on the carpet". No sooner than the words left my mouth than there was a knock at the door. They were there to clean the carpet. They didn't realize someone had checked in already. I told him it was fine since we were already in the room and didn't want to walk around on wet carpet. The bathroom was very nice with the dark granite (or granite-like) countertop and a phone right next to the toilet (not that I used it but I think it's a cool idea). The king bed had very nice linens with the down comforter and comfy pillows. The room has a game console with the television so my son enjoyed an hour of games. We did not use any of the amenities so I cannot comment on them but I would definitely stay at this hotel again. We checked out early the next morning as we had more sightseeing to do but left our luggage with the concierge. We didn't get back until about 9:00 that night to retrieve our bags. It was nice to have the option to leave the bags after check-out.

• 10 months later...

Got the Capitol Hilton for Friday, Saturday 2/23 for $84, after working hard with Priceline. This is listed as 4 star. In short: v nice lobby and appearance, small room only OK, great DC location for tourists. We stay often in Atlantic City, and the Showboat rooms far exceed this Hilton for every feature.

Now the details. The whole lobbly area was classic 4 star, expansive, comfortable and attractive. Check in was very fast. HOWEVER, only valet parking is offered and this is $35 per day. A rate beyond pricey and approaching piracy. The room was OK. Small, with a desk and small table. Decent LCD TV with lots of cable channels. Internet access also very expensive at $13 for 24 hour period. I was really upset at this because various Hilton promotional info implied this was an amenity. Good bathroom with dryer and plenty of extras. Outstanding bed. No view at all out the window. With coffee / tea maker. The best feature of this hotel is its location, a couple blocks north of the White House. The Circulator bus is very close, and is this ever the way to get around Washington !!! $3 each for a full day pass, and it goes everywhere a tourist could desire. Buses are frequent, stops are numerous and buses are comfortable. I parked the car in the Hotel and just left it for two days. Parking is difficult at the popular DC destinations anyway.

Also, on a Friday or Saturday evening, there are lots of little restaurants nearby with good specials. Easy walking distances. We had two dinners. Happy hour drinks and tapas at Mezza Luna, and then martinis and Sushi at the place next door. Good Spider Rolls (when in DC, you need to have softshells).

• 1 year later...

Stayed at the Capital Hilton (march 7 - 10, 2008) for $102/night on Hotwire.com (originally found it for $99/night, but I waited too long). I had a Queen room with 1 bed, and it was perfect. Not big by any means, but more than enough space for 1 person. No complaints at all regarding the room. All of the staff that I dealt with were friendly and helpful. The location was the best part of it - being so close to Farragut North (Red) metro and Farragut West (Blue/Orange) metro. Note that on weekends, the entrance to Farragut west is closed. There's Starbucks and Burger King right outside, and a Subway sandwich place about a block away. Food at the Capital Hilton is off the wall expensive. Crazy expensive! Even the markups in the hotel store were a bit crazy. That is to be expected though. Overall I'd rate my stay there as 10/10.

• 1 year later...

Stayed for 2 nights March 18-20th 2009.

This was our second visit and again we were Ok with the hotel and location.

Don't expect any freebies here but for $70 when the rate was $236 I won't complain.

Decent sized room with coffee maker

Wireless and wired Internet is $13.00, gym is $10 (unless you are a Silver+ Hilton member).

Good location with three Metro stations nearby Fargutt North is the closest.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]